Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
BAD18
Enthusiast
BAD18 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color & Touch; Samsung Galaxy Tab
Calibre to Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

I use Calibre to organize my ebooks. I keep Calibre library on Dropbox and select and read books from there. I like storing all my reference books (i.e. Cookbooks) on my SD card. I can manually transfer cookbooks to my tablet and read them in Aldiko. However, I can't seem to transfer ebooks cookbooks directly from Calibre to the tablet. The books transfer but they don't go into the right folder on the SD card.

Any ideas how to transfer from Calibre directly to the right folder on my SD card? Thanks.
BAD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD18 View Post
I use Calibre to organize my ebooks. I keep Calibre library on Dropbox and select and read books from there. I like storing all my reference books (i.e. Cookbooks) on my SD card. I can manually transfer cookbooks to my tablet and read them in Aldiko. However, I can't seem to transfer ebooks cookbooks directly from Calibre to the tablet. The books transfer but they don't go into the right folder on the SD card.

Any ideas how to transfer from Calibre directly to the right folder on my SD card? Thanks.
Use Calibre Companion to pull books from Calibre (if you have WiFi).

Since the Tab is a MPT type device and I have W XP, I can't use the USB Cable to deliver direct from Calibre, so I can't be of help there.

Note: My Tab does show up with 2 'drives' Tablet and Card.
I can use Drag and Drop if I save to a Local Folder FIRST
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click on the device icon in calibre and select configure this device and tell it where you want to send your files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote