Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
u238110
Connoisseur
u238110 began at the beginning.

Device: Aura, N514KUBKKEP, 4.7.10.413
Upload Kindle notes to computer

I use, I think, the original Kindle (and I hope to upgrade eventually) and I find the 'Add note' feature to be phenomenal. because I don't retain what I read well (talking about non-fiction books) and it's great. However I was shocked to see that there's no way to view the notes I make on my Kindle in Mobipocket Reader. Is this just because I'm using an old Kindle?

Also, the text input process is unreasonably slow on the old Kindle. It's a digital keyboard that you control with a little arrow button. I would imagine that more modern devices have more advanced ways of puttig notes in. I'm not that familiar with portable devices, however I recently witnessed someone writing on the screen of his device and what I witnessed seemed to be pretty fast. Is this type of natural writing now the standard? It would be a big improvement over the slow method I'm currently using. What would be ideal is if I could make notes using voice recognition technology!
u238110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:27 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I don't know how the notes feature of the original Kindle works, but if it is like the newer ones, all notes are stored in sidecar files (book.mbp1) and also appended to "[userstore]\Documents\My Clippings.txt".

You can import the My Clippings.txt file into something like http://clippingsconverter.com
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert