Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #16
WigglePig
%20ErrorParse$$#0fh%20
WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleKB (fixed battery!) and a new Kobo Glo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
Only if this was an android phone as well with support for podcasts and newsfeed. My wait for the Eink phone continues.
It's not Android but there is already an eInk mobile phone available.
[http=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_Fone]Motorola F3[/http]

I have one and it is, well, interesting to use. :-)

Tra

Piggly...off to order one of these Pyrus Minis!
WigglePig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #17
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
While it looks like a nice device, I don't want to try and read from such a small screen.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #18
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
While it looks like a nice device, I don't want to try and read from such a small screen.
Landcape view should give about the same line length as a 6" reader (More page turns but what the hell)
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #19
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

can we buy this anywhere in the US?
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #20
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
can we buy this anywhere in the US?
I don't think that they have a US distributor (yet).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #21
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
I really like this thing. It's not Eink but something else, they call it "Digital Ink".

I had one of these machines in my hands some days ago. This is for kids, of course, or for the beach. You can't really compare it to a Sony or Amazon device, but it's nice for people that would like to carry 4 or 5 library books with them.

I'm still hoping that we'll see some even cheaper devices in the near future, maybe 20-30 Dollars. Or maybe we'll get one for free with our library card someday.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #22
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post
I really like this thing. It's not Eink but something else, they call it "Digital Ink".
E-Ink (the company) begs to differ, it seems. They are filing suit.

It's probably this stuff: http://oedtech.com/English/product/c...enuid=03020101
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:45 AM   #23
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
I like it, just ordered one
Just ordered one too... Now I need to see when I'll get it (I didn't have a positive experience with that webshop before, regarding delivery time...)

Quote:
I had one of these machines in my hands some days ago. This is for kids, of course, or for the beach. You can't really compare it to a Sony or Amazon device, but it's nice for people that would like to carry 4 or 5 library books with them.
Or for people don't don't have huge pockets in which a 6" device fits... I'll be able to put this one in the breastpocket of my coat. I probably won't be using it to read for hours on end, but it's a very nice size for an "emergency" reader (aka, a reader you can always take with you in case you have 5 minutes in which you can read...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 AM   #24
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Just ordered one too... Now I need to see when I'll get it (I didn't have a positive experience with that webshop before, regarding delivery time...)
Ordered mine from Amazon UK, showing as dispached now with an E.T.A. of 8th Feb - So god knows where they are dispatching it from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Or for people don't don't have huge pockets in which a 6" device fits... I'll be able to put this one in the breastpocket of my coat. I probably won't be using it to read for hours on end, but it's a very nice size for an "emergency" reader (aka, a reader you can always take with you in case you have 5 minutes in which you can read...)
Thats my theory, will be handy to take it with me when I know I will be waiting somewhere for a short while, cheap enough to risk at the beach as well.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:59 AM   #25
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Ordered mine from Amazon UK, showing as dispached now with an E.T.A. of 8th Feb - So god knows where they are dispatching it from
Germany...

I was considering Amazon.co.uk as well (though I'm not sure they would ship to me) but as I needed something else as well, which you cannot get at amazon (a digital decoder card...) I decided to give that other company another shot...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #26
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
Amazon.co.uk has Pyrus Mini for £39.15 ($62.11) today, 31 Jan 2013.

I also bought a TrekStor Pyrus Mini from Amazon.co.uk. Cost £46.13 ($73.19) total, including shipping to the USA.

The blue one I bought today (fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk, not a third party seller) was listed for £46.98 ($74.55) before shipping, but when it got into my cart the price dropped to £39.15 ($62.11). Shipping to the USA added £6.98 ($11.08) for a total of £46.13 ($73.19).

Both the red and blue models ring up at £39.15 in the cart, but not the black one. That one is only available from third party sellers and it lists at £61.85 ($98.14) before any shipping charges. Too bad, as I would have preferred black.

I've really been enjoying my new Kobo Mini, but wanted something even smaller.
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #27
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Guys, please keep in mind that this is not a rare item or so. You can buy it in bookstores in Germany for 50 Euros. There's really no need to go out hunting in the forest for this deveice now..
Old 01-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #28
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Guys, please keep in mind that this is not a rare item or so. You can buy it in bookstores in Germany for 50 Euros. There's really no need to go out hunting in the forest for this deveice now..
It's only common in certain countries. Is that 50 euro plus VAT?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #29
medard
Wizard

Yes. You pay 50 Euros (43 GBP). To compare things, a Sony costs 130-140 Euros, a good paperback book costs 10-15 Euros.

VAT is 19% (I think) for non-books and non-food, and it's allways included.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #30
WigglePig
%20ErrorParse$$#0fh%20
WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WigglePig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleKB (fixed battery!) and a new Kobo Glo!
Well, I ordered the blue one too and it didn't come down to £39. I think your discount might be due to shipping it to the US as the VAT doesn't need to be added.

Anyupways, I'm looking forward.to having a teenie little dreaded to try! Now I just need to organise some small books for it. ;-)
WigglePig is offline   Reply With Quote