Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Has anyone ever purchased a blank ePub?

I just purchased a title from Kobo and, to my surprise, the book displayed as a blank white page in ADE. The metadata containing title and author appears in the left column of ADE, along with the chapter numbers, but there is only a blank white page and a small blank white space where the cover art is normally displayed. (And, yes, I've looked through all the chapters)

Of all the dozens and dozens of ePubs I've downloaded, I have never experienced this. Does anyone know what the cause might be? Corruption? Something missing in the file? It does, in fact, show a size of 336kb.

Nothing wrong with my copy of ADE, have downloaded several books in the same time frame. Guess I'm stuck until Kobo responds to my email.

Last edited by Skydog; 03-08-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Sounds like the hack who created the epub made a spelling error in a critical place and didn't bother to check the result. ADE is very fussy about some elements and will throw a wobbly if they're mangled.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Well, I don't know where to assign blame, but it's a Random House title that should have been proofed.

At any rate, I'll stick with Amazon from now on - at least they can be reached by phone and do resolve things immediately. Two emails to Kobo and still no response. Lesson learned.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote