Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #1
Druzil
Druzil began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
6" devices with plastic backing

Does anyone know of any devices that currently have a plastic backing rather than the glass backing. Alternatively if not currently, when such a device would be available? I know a few of the 10" devices coming out will have plastic backing, but I'm not interested in such big devices.

Screen breakage seems to be quite a problem with the current generation (My Hanlin V3 lasted 5 months) which all seem to use the glass backing. Screen replacement costs about 70% of the original price - and if you include shipping its just not worth it.

I loved my Hanlin, but I'm wary of getting another one (or any of the current generation for that matter) due to the seeming fragility of the devices.
Druzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Currently none. Should become available early in 2010.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Actually available, or just that a projected availability date will be announced in early 2010?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:54 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
PVI are supposedly manufacturing such screens now, so there's every reason to suppose we'll see devices using them in the near future.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote