Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #16
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Oh man, I hope I get mine feb 24th! That's when my ship date said. Okay so a couple days after then. But that would be AMAZING!
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:27 AM   #17
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My Kindle 2 they say is due to ship March 2nd.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #18
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I changed from free shipping to 1 day shipping and the delivery date changed from March 9 to February 25, which is 5 days before it was scheduled to even ship under the free delivery.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #19
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Apparantly people are selling their places in line for ridiculous sums on ebay.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Apparantly people are selling their places in line for ridiculous sums on ebay.
I can't believe how impatient some people are and how greedy others are.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #21
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I can't believe how impatient some people are and how greedy others are.

BOb
You and me both. Article:
http://consumerist.com/5149885/ebay-...re+orders-for-
Old 02-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #22
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I remember the whole beannie baby crazy. People were selling those things for so much money. My wife just went down to the local store and bought them for $8. (She wouldn't try to sell them). But, everytime I go into my daughters room and see three walls with a single shelf loaded with beannie babies my mind starts doing the math. UG!

BOb

( My favorite beannie baby name is Chocolate Moose )
Old 02-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #23
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I remember the whole beannie baby crazy. People were selling those things for so much money. My wife just went down to the local store and bought them for $8. (She wouldn't try to sell them). But, everytime I go into my daughters room and see three walls with a single shelf loaded with beannie babies my mind starts doing the math. UG!

BOb

( My favorite beannie baby name is Chocolate Moose )
I remember Chocolate Moose I didn't have them but my little sister sure did. Apparently we had a really collectible one that was sitting in the sandbox. My aunt saw it and freaked out.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #24
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I remember Chocolate Moose I didn't have them but my little sister sure did. Apparently we had a really collectible one that was sitting in the sandbox. My aunt saw it and freaked out.
Maybe I should get all those in vacuum sealed bags now and in 20 years they can be part of my retirement nest egg.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #25
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Maybe I should get all those in vacuum sealed bags now and in 20 years they can be part of my retirement nest egg.
That and pokemon cards.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #26
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Ok... I drank some more koolaid and changed my shipping from "free" to 2nd day delivery.

My delivery date went from March 2nd to Feb 26th. So $15 bucks for 4 days... lol.

Just doing my part to stimulate the economy....
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #27
Mainemom
Mainemom began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutestory View Post

Have people who preordered a while back have February 24th ship dates as well? I'm wondering how much Amazon has actually "increased [their] manufacturing capacity."
Yes. I preordered with one day shipping several weeks ago and have a delivery date (est) of Feb 25.
Mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #28
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

My date is march 2nd..can't wait!

Last edited by KindleKat; 02-10-2009 at 01:06 PM.
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #29
lynnann
lynnann began at the beginning.

I originally ordered on Jan 17 with free two day Prime Delivery. The delivery estimate was from about 2/26 to 3/10. I later changed to one day delivery, but the suggested dates did not change.

After I received the 'you've been upgraded' e-mail, my estimated delivery date changed to 2/25. (YEAH!!!!)
lynnann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #30
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I just wanted to point out that Amazon has a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime. You can join get two day delivery for free or one day delivery for 3.99. After you get your stuff you can cancel the Prime membership.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote