Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #16
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ah... more incentive to get the rest of my books converted to ePub! (If I can only find the time!...)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:25 PM   #17
macgirl
geeky girl
macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macgirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone 3GS, former Kindle owner
This is great! I'm so happy to see more ebook options for the iPhone.
macgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #18
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Yummy!! Great demo video (I'm still waiting for AT&T to get more iPhones). Any chance of a similiar link (or 2nd free application) that points to the books available here on MobiRead? Just those in the appropriate format, of course.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #19
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Yummy!! Great demo video (I'm still waiting for AT&T to get more iPhones). Any chance of a similiar link (or 2nd free application) that points to the books available here on MobiRead? Just those in the appropriate format, of course.
To use the books from Mobileread you can use Stanza or Bookshelf and transfer the Mobipocket files. In both cases you'll need to run a server application on your desktop computer that will send your files to the device.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:19 PM   #20
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Have you tried to transfer ePub files from Feedbooks through the Desktop app ? [/url]
Could we have a brief explanation of how this is done? I don't have my iPhone yet, and i'm trying to know-everything in advance, as far as how to do things! If I learn what is involved, I'll start collecting books (from other sources) in epub format too!

Oh good, you already answered that mobipocket is the format I want. I *DO* have stanza on my Mac already ..... how does the transfer work?
Advert
Old 07-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #21
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Could we have a brief explanation of how this is done? I don't have my iPhone yet, and i'm trying to know-everything in advance, as far as how to do things! If I learn what is involved, I'll start collecting books (from other sources) in epub format too!

Oh good, you already answered that mobipocket is the format I want. I *DO* have stanza on my Mac already ..... how does the transfer work?
You simple activate the share feature on the desktop version and it'll find it on the iPhone version.

I would recommend using ePub over other file formats on Stanza for a few reasons:
- Table of Contents
- Books are made of multiple flows if created correctly, this should speed things up when you open a book on your iPhone
- Much more future proof than the other formats

All the books that you can get from the online catalog on the iPhone version (Feedbooks and Lexcycle) are in ePub by the way.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #22
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

OOoooohhh. I see my problem. I didn't notice there was a newer version of the desktop Stanza (mine was a month or two older). Coming right up! Thanks.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:57 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Where can one download Stanza?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:25 AM   #24
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
http://www.lexcycle.com/
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:43 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks - didn't realise that it was only a Mac application .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:47 AM   #26
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks - didn't realise that it was only a Mac application .
They're working on a Windows version.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #27
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Do you know where the release notes are? I don't see them on the web site anywhere. I want to see what they added since the version I have.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:57 PM   #28
mrkai
Bit Wrangler
mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I <3 Stanza :)

I'm still not sold on reading on Ye Olde (or New) iPhone yet, but I like having the option to read Damned Near Anything.

Yeah.

I'm back

-K
mrkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:00 AM   #29
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkai View Post
I'm still not sold on reading on Ye Olde (or New) iPhone yet, but I like having the option to read Damned Near Anything.

Yeah.

I'm back

-K
the only problem with the Stanza is that you have to download to a mac. The iPhone can retrieve files all by itself from most anywhere if it knows the format. eReader works that way.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:41 AM   #30
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
WOW! I am very impressed, Hadrien! I have used the Fictionwise ereader, and the bookshelf apps, but the stanza interface is much better than either of those.

I imagine they will all have their uses, but the formatting, and functionality of the Stanza app is far more useful. Almost limitless "font" sizing, and the navigation is superior.

I am looking forward to the eInk market getting software this advanced. The iPod Touch is getting to be my favorite reader (for the moment).
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, feedbooks, iphone, ipod touch, lexcycle, stanza