Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Hey you iPhone & Touch Readers! Post Some Pics!

I don't have an iPhone or Touch and don't plan to buy either but I am very curious to see what the screens look like with ebooks (and the various font sizes).

Please post some pictures. <insert begging smiley here>
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
From our help page on Feedbooks:

Try the video from Stanza too.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Here you go, You should never have to beg!

http://mac.softpedia.com/progScreens...hot-29257.html

http://code.google.com/p/iphoneebooks/

http://fieldnotes.paulawellings.com/...on-the-iphone/

If you need anymore let me know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	14616   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone-ebook-reader.jpg
Views:	889
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	14617   Click image for larger version

Name:	readdle-page.png
Views:	861
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	14618  
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you Gentlemen!

Edit: I like it! Great organization under Stanza. Seems very easy to use. The graphic novel looks beautiful. I would still have issues with eye strain from the back light with my presbyopic eyes but I can see why the iPhone and Touch will work for a number of people.

Hmm, I wonder if Stanza will work on my Tungsten T5... guess I'll surf on over and find out.

Edit2: I forgot, Stanza is for Macs. MobiPocket Reader and eReader are now on my Palm, so I'll play with those if I'm caught without my Kindle.

Last edited by daffy4u; 07-24-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
When I read PDF's, I usually flip my iPod Touch into landscape-mode. It makes it easier to read and finger flicks make for easy scrolling. I don't really use it to read regular fiction works, more for tech docs or things only available in PDF format. Great for comics!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2008, 02:33 AM   #6
thebrave
Enthusiast
thebrave doesn't litterthebrave doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, iPhone, Nokia N800
Here are "eReader" screenshots. This is the free app, and you have to buy books to view them on eReader and fictionwise. The say that an update will allow you to put your own books there.

You have to flip the screen to change pages.
I like the font and the L&F of this application.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0008.png
Views:	783
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	14733   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.png
Views:	829
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	14734   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.png
Views:	818
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	14735  
thebrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:40 AM   #7
thebrave
Enthusiast

Here's are the "BookShelf" screenshots. It's not free ($10, 8€) but you are able to transfer your own books and setup "online libraries".

I have setup such a server on "thebrave.ath.cx:55555", with the freebies from "tor.com", valid until I restart my computer or until it goes into sleep mode.

I prefer the other one for the fonts & UI but you can't argue with the opportunity of transfering you books.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0001.png
Views:	818
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	14736   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.png
Views:	789
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	14737   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.png
Views:	848
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	14738   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.png
Views:	821
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	14739   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.png
Views:	831
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	14740  
Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

thebrave,

It seems that the text is clearer in landscape mode in both the BookShelf and eReader samples. Does the font size get bumped up a bit when changing to landscape?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #9
thebrave
Enthusiast

These screens shots are untouched from the built-in utility.

They look like the same height, but I think the issue has to do with the anti-aliasing.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Here you go, You should never have to beg!

http://mac.softpedia.com/progScreens...hot-29257.html

If you need anymore let me know
Jerryleejr: Do you know anything about these, or did you just find them online?

(1) What software is in use in the mac.softpedia link, which I quoted above? And where do you get it?

(2) What book is being read in the 3rd picture? With Oppenheimer in it, I'd like to check it out!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:39 PM   #11
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Jerryleejr: Do you know anything about these, or did you just find them online?

(1) What software is in use in the mac.softpedia link, which I quoted above? And where do you get it?

(2) What book is being read in the 3rd picture? With Oppenheimer in it, I'd like to check it out!
I will check it out and get back to you. I think they just changed the colors on the phone itself. As for the Third pic here is the software and I dont know where they are located because if you noticed the pic had T-mobile for service???

http://readdle.com/
JJ

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-29-2008 at 11:44 PM.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #12
dnunn0
dnunn0 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone / Stanza
some Stanza Screenshots

Taken using the built-in util.

A note for daffy4u--Stanza (and now) eReader allows you to have black background with light text. As far as I can tell, Stanza gave me more control over both the foreground color as well as the font size, but eReader's options were suitable.

I think the JPGs are blurred compared with what it looks like on the iPhone itself.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	one.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	15312   Click image for larger version

Name:	three.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	15313   Click image for larger version

Name:	four.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	15314  
dnunn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnunn0 View Post
Taken using the built-in util.

A note for daffy4u--Stanza (and now) eReader allows you to have black background with light text. As far as I can tell, Stanza gave me more control over both the foreground color as well as the font size, but eReader's options were suitable.

I think the JPGs are blurred compared with what it looks like on the iPhone itself.
Thanks dnunno, I did download both Stanza and eReader for my iTouch. Now I'm downloading the Window's version of Stanza desktop to try making some books (personal info) for both the iTouch and my Kindle.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:44 AM   #14
dnunn0
dnunn0 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone / Stanza
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Thanks dnunno, I did download both Stanza and eReader for my iTouch. Now I'm downloading the Window's version of Stanza desktop to try making some books (personal info) for both the iTouch and my Kindle.
The desktop is a bit spare, but it does the job. I've found the tech support to be nicely responsive...

I hate to sound like a fanboy, but so far Stanza has been a pleasant surprise : )
dnunn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnunn0 View Post
The desktop is a bit spare, but it does the job. I've found the tech support to be nicely responsive...

I hate to sound like a fanboy, but so far Stanza has been a pleasant surprise : )
So, far I'm having issues with the Windows Desktop version. I cannot get the Touch and the desktop to communicate so that I can move my "memo book" onto the Touch. Same problem with both XP and Vista.

I haven't had much time to play with it this past week. Hopefully I can get it figured out in the next couple of days.

Tags
duck!