Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #61
8140david
Connoisseur
8140david began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks!

I've looked at the online manual, and I don't find another option: on any given page (the Authors page, but also the page of any tag, such as Poetry, Novel, etc) display books arranged first by author, then by title. At present, the sorting is by title.

Where should I look in the jar to modify it so that it makes this sorting?
8140david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:02 AM   #62
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8140david View Post
Thanks!
I am assuming by this that you found the option to disable the split by letter and the level (by setting"Maximum number of levels of split" to 0) and/or the level which triggers a split ("Number of levels before split").

Quote:
I've looked at the online manual, and I don't find another option: on any given page (the Authors page, but also the page of any tag, such as Poetry, Novel, etc) display books arranged first by author, then by title. At present, the sorting is by title.

Where should I look in the jar to modify it so that it makes this sorting?
Interesting, nobody has previously asked for this type of sorting within the other types of sub-catalog. The assumption is that if you are primarily interest in author you start in the authors sub-catalog.

The closest you can get to this behaviour at the moment is to either set tags of interest to have their own set of levels by setting the "Tags that will get an additional level" setting on the advanced tab, or by setting up Custom Catalog entry(s) for the tags of interest so they appear as top level entries in the catalog each with their own set of sub-entries.

Note that you cannot amend the jar as it is a binary file. If you want to change behaviour then you would have to do this at the source level as described in the Developer Guide and rebuild calibre2opds after making the changes you want.

However if you think there is a good case for having this type of sorting as a standard feature then you are probably better of raising it as a feature request on the Issues register. Technically it would be quite easy to do, but I am not sure of the demand. At the moment I do not really understand why you want it?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2014, 03:47 AM   #63
8140david
Connoisseur

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I had found the settings you mention.

Here is what I would like, as a possible option , say a general one set for all tags:
When displaying the books in a tag, sort by Author_sort (and secondarily by Title_sort).
A concrete example of the resulting order, here applied to the tag Japonais:
Ichikawa, Takuji - Je Reviendrai Avec La pluie
Inoué, Yasuchi - Kôsaku
Inoué, Yasuchi - Rêves De Russie
Ishiguro, Kazuo - Auprès De Moi Toujours
Ishiguro, Kazuo - Les Vestiges Du Jour

Why do I want this?
When I browse my collection, I do it by tag (with titles shown by cover), selecting one, say Japonais.
Then, within the chosen tag, I find it more meaningful to see the books arranged as indicated. I can see directly that I have 2 books by Ishiguro, and decide to read one or decide to buy another one.
As things are set-up currently, when I look at the books under Japonais, all the authors are mixed, since the sorting is by Title_order.

Also, in the chosen tag, I don't want a subgrouping into First letter of authors. This makes navigation clumsy (for my 200 books collection). I just want it displayed in the order shown above.

Last edited by 8140david; 04-18-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:07 AM   #64
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK - that makes sense.

I have added it to the Issue register as a feature request. I have restricted it to just tags as that is what you seem to want and that makes the change more manageable. You can monitor progress by following the issue, or add comments if you think them appropriate.

I may well be able to get the first attempt at implementing this out as a 3.4 beta release within the next day or so as I think it will be easy to do. I guess it is time to start a 3.4 beta thread for the forum as well as this will be the first significant new feature

Last edited by itimpi; 04-18-2014 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:09 AM   #65
8140david
Connoisseur

Great, thanks!!!
I can't wait for this beta release!
Advert
Old 04-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #66
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8140david View Post
Great, thanks!!!
I can't wait for this beta release!
Not too long to wait My first attempt (rev 280) is available for download. It may well need tweaking/improving, but this is an attempt to see if I am thinking along the same lines as you. The new options are on the catalog structure tab.

BTW: I have opened up a new thread for the 3.4 release so further discussion on this as a new feature is better done there (or via comments in the issue register).