Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-10-2023, 04:01 PM   #1
14Crusader
14Crusader began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
setting it up

I have a second hand Kobo Arc and reset it to factory settings. Now it doesn't recognise the wifi and cannot connect via the app. Kobo 'support' suggest I buy a new device. Does anyone know of a workaround?
14Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 06:38 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Crusader View Post
I have a second hand Kobo Arc and reset it to factory settings. Now it doesn't recognise the wifi and cannot connect via the app. Kobo 'support' suggest I buy a new device. Does anyone know of a workaround?
Buy a new tablet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2023, 05:17 PM   #3
14Crusader
14Crusader began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
Thanks for advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Buy a new tablet.
Thanks for the advice.
I have just bought a Nook BNTV400, which seems to be the nook equivalent of the kobo arc. I had no problem setting it up. Nook still seems to be supporting their ereaders.
14Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 05:36 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Crusader View Post
Thanks for the advice.
I have just bought a Nook BNTV400, which seems to be the nook equivalent of the kobo arc. I had no problem setting it up. Nook still seems to be supporting their ereaders.
It's not a Reader. It's a tablet.

Kobo still supports most of their Readers with current firmware updates. Better then any other company that sells Readers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo arc 7, setup problem