Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #46
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the heads up, Serpentine. Just for my edification, what does (?s) mean?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #47
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
Thanks for the heads up, Serpentine. Just for my edification, what does (?s) mean?
You really need to grab these cheat sheets
http://www.addedbytes.com/cheat-sheets/
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #48
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You really need to grab these cheat sheets
http://www.addedbytes.com/cheat-sheets/
grabbed... bookmarked... seared into my corneas. Bad news is, I still don't understand most of those descriptions. I think I get "s" (although I don't understand what the difference is between that and "m"), but i don't understand why it is preceded by a "?".

Last edited by ElMiko; 01-13-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #49
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
(?s) turns on "dot matches newline" for the reminder of the regular expression.
The ? just starts this switch, it has no meaning...
Old 01-13-2012, 02:10 AM   #50
ElMiko
Addict

Thanks, WS64.
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #51
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Not a bug but a suggestion related to the new S+R, the search-count text "x matche(s) found" stays there for 3 or 4 seconds and vanishes then.
It happened few times to me that I did something else while Sigil was working and when I paid attention again the text was gone and I had to repeat the action to see how many results I got.
Would it be possible to not let it vanish completely but change the color to dark gray or even keep it just standing there in black all the time until I do anything else in the search menu? Or at least customize the 3-4 seconds the text will stay there...
Old 01-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #52
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
grabbed... bookmarked... seared into my corneas. Bad news is, I still don't understand most of those descriptions. I think I get "s" (although I don't understand what the difference is between that and "m"), but i don't understand why it is preceded by a "?".
I still don't understand 1/3 of it either
I use theses (HTML,CSS,REGEX) sheets all the time for the easy stuff, then head for w3c and others for more.
2 years ago, I never used REGEX
Old 01-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #53
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeypxi View Post
French spell checking doesn't work properly:

Indeed every word preceded by an apostrophe is considered as mispelled. There was discussion on that on bugzilla.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=415254
From what I gather it's a tokenization issue. Right now the tokenization of words does not take into account the language. For 0.5 this isn't going to change but I've open a [url=http://code.google.com/p/sigil/issues/detail?id=1178]ticket[/quote] on this to fix it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeypxi View Post
This is the dictionary I'm including.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #54
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I've not tried any of the betas yet, but can anyone tell me if they now are capable of retaining the original structure of the epub? Or do they still change is?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #55
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I've not tried any of the betas yet, but can anyone tell me if they now are capable of retaining the original structure of the epub? Or do they still change is?
File placement? Sigil will still regulate the folder names an placement.
It work fairly well for standard books
Old 01-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #56
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I just downloaded this for a quick peek. A couple of questions... (this is on an XP 32-bit machine)

1. When I go into Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts, it always sorts by Name Descending, so "Zoom Reset" appears at the top. Shouldnt it be sorted the opposite way?

2. As a very minor cosmetic thing, it doesn't remember Preferences window size either so you get a horizontal scrollbar which making the window a fraction wider removes (but is lost when closing and reopening).

3. Typo of "Shortuct" for the textbox where you are supposed to specify the value.

4. I can't see an option to set a keyboard shortcut for "Merge with Previous"? I know it is a feature that has other "issues" which I've already raised a bug report for months ago, but I figured that at least a keyboard shortcut should be possible now?
Old 01-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #57
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I've not had a problem with the way Sigil reorganises the files in my books when I've made them, or from format shifted books out of Calibre, but I'd prefer not to reorganise commercially purchased book.

I've had a few complaints from the retailers of those books (only submit the epub to the retailer when it is sold DRM-free, as those are the only ones that I can actually change. ) when Sigil makes those changes.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #58
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
4. I can't see an option to set a keyboard shortcut for "Merge with Previous"? I know it is a feature that has other "issues" which I've already raised a bug report for months ago, but I figured that at least a keyboard shortcut should be possible now?
I've added a shortcut as you requested in issue 968 to my latest updates, which I'll be uploading once I work out some other issues related to merge (but this time, to merging of code ) Then it'll probably be a few weeks or so before a new release post .5 includes them.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #59
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Nice one, thx meme.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #60
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
@kiwidude, since those issues are only cosmetic I've made a note to take care of them after 0.5 is out.
Closed Thread