Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
Sigil Save As...

On my Macintosh, when I save a new Sigil file, it saves as a Reader Library file by Sony. If I double click on the icon to open the file it, of course, opens in the Reader Library app with an error message. To solve this, I do a Get Info on the new Sigil file and in the Get Info window, change "Open With" from Reader Library to Sigil. The desktop icon changes from one to the other and all is well.

1. Why does this occur at all?
2. What can I do to have Sigil always save a new file in Sigil format?

Thanks. - Fabe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epub icons.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	81511  
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Change your Mac's settings so that Sigil is the default app for epubs instead of Sony's reader Library. I believe the "Get Info" menu makes it possible to make that the default behavior for all epub files instead of just the one you're looking at.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Change your Mac's settings so that Sigil is the default app for epubs instead of Sony's reader Library. I believe the "Get Info" menu makes it possible to make that the default behavior for all epub files instead of just the one you're looking at.
Thanks DiapDealer, you are correct. There is a "Change All..." button under the "Open with:" pull down menu. I clicked it and now all my Sigil files will be saved to open in Sigil. - Fabe
Old 01-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabe View Post
Thanks DiapDealer, you are correct. There is a "Change All..." button under the "Open with:" pull down menu. I clicked it and now all my Sigil files will be saved to open in Sigil. - Fabe
But then you cannot just double click and have them open in the app you use for reading/displaying them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
Fabe
Dylanologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But then you cannot just double click and have them open in the app you use for reading/displaying them.
Yes, life has compromises.
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabe View Post
Yes, life has compromises.
What I have done on Windows is have ePub set so I can right click on it and open as ans Sigil is one of the choices. Also if I double click, ADE opens the ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote