Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
dreamvision
dreamvision began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Question Changing Book List Order

If this has already been answered I apologize, I searched this entire forum and did not see an answer but I may have missed it. I am a relative newbie to Calibre having only used it for about 2 months now.

My question is this:

Is there a way to move books around so that I can keep them in order? An example would be a continuing series which I have 6 of so far and then a month down the road the 7th book in the series is released but when I add it to my library it is many numbers away from the rest of the series. Is there a way to move that book down so it is grouped, in order with the rest of the series? I have about a 1000 books so far and many are trilogies or continuing series and I would like them to be kept in order. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance of any help or advice.

Barbi
dreamvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamvision View Post
If this has already been answered I apologize, I searched this entire forum and did not see an answer but I may have missed it. I am a relative newbie to Calibre having only used it for about 2 months now.

My question is this:

Is there a way to move books around so that I can keep them in order? An example would be a continuing series which I have 6 of so far and then a month down the road the 7th book in the series is released but when I add it to my library it is many numbers away from the rest of the series. Is there a way to move that book down so it is grouped, in order with the rest of the series? I have about a 1000 books so far and many are trilogies or continuing series and I would like them to be kept in order. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance of any help or advice.

Barbi
NO and Yes
Click (sort) the Series column header: In order (ascending or Descending, depends on the arrow).
Click just about any other column, and that takes precedence (NB if the series has a single author, Sorting the Author, the series may stay in order)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamvision View Post
First make sure you adding your series info to the series column. Then clicking on the column headings will sort that column. I order my columns by sorting on the title heading followed by the series heading followed by the Author heading. This groups all books in order by Author and within each author all the series are together and the titles not part of a series end up grouped alphabetically.

You might want to try this tweak it will provide my stated sort on start-up of calibre.
Code:
# Provide a set of columns to be sorted on when calibre starts #  The argument is None if saved sort history is to be used
 #  otherwise it is a list of column,order pairs. Column is the
 #  lookup/search name, found using the tooltip for the column
 #  Order is 0 for ascending, 1 for descending
 # For example, set it to [('authors',0),('title',0)] to sort by
 # title within authors.
 sort_columns_at_startup = ('authors',0),('series',0),('title',0)
Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
dreamvision
dreamvision began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Thank you! That did the trick. That was just what I needed. Thank you both for your help I love this program!

Barbi
dreamvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Dwanthny, how do I add this tweak into Calibre?
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
Dwanthny, how do I add this tweak into Calibre?
Preferences->Advanced->Tweaks. Paste what he posted into the bottom box (the top one lists all of the tweak options you could apply).

There is instruction on the dialog and here is the help page in the user manual:
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...e.html?#tweaks
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote