Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 03:08 AM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Tag column missing in Library view

This is kind of odd and maybe I'm missing something obvious but earlier today when I was converting files my main library shows a column for Author, Title, Size, Date, and Tags.

This evening when I opened the program after plugging in my Sony PRS-505 all the columns were listed except for the Tags. I didn't make any changes to the settings and I can't seem to get the Tags to come back but what's kind of odd is on the SD and Internal card the Tag column is there.

Not sure why it disappeared on my library but I'd really love to get it back. I'd appreciate any and all help. I've already gone to configure and the Tag box is checked and I've restarted the program twice already.

Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You mean the tag column is missing from the list of books in the device main memory but is present in the list of books in your library and the list of books on the SD card?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:59 AM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You mean the tag column is missing from the list of books in the device main memory but is present in the list of books in your library and the list of books on the SD card?
It's listed on the SD card but assuming nothing is plugged when I turn Calibre on the Tag column is gone. I'm not sure how you label that library.

The device main memory shows the Tag column.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:44 AM   #4
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
My tag column in the GUI library window is intermittently gone. If I close the program and restart it then the tag column will re-appear.
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm interesting, I'll have a look
Old 11-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I cant seem to duplicate this. What operating system and calibre version are you on? Amalthia, can you attach the file gui.py (doa search on your computer for it).
Old 11-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
I cant seem to duplicate this. What operating system and calibre version are you on? Amalthia, can you attach the file gui.py (doa search on your computer for it).
I'm using XP Media Center Edition and Calibre version 4.105.

And here's the attachment. I could not find the file qui.py but I found two that most closely match that.

I'm also attaching a screen capture of the config box and my library. I am able to edit the tags using the Edit Metadata Information box at the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre tag capture.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	18164  
Attached Files
File Type: zip qtgui.zip (2.61 MB, 275 views)
Old 11-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #8
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
To clarify, on occasion my tag column does not populate with any values, but the column is still present. If I close Calibre and restart it, then the column is populated by the appropriate values. This behavior is intermittent.

Vista 64 bit, Calibre 4.103
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #9
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
To clarify, on occasion my tag column does not populate with any values, but the column is still present. If I close Calibre and restart it, then the column is populated by the appropriate values. This behavior is intermittent.

Vista 64 bit, Calibre 4.103
I've closed and restarted calibre and the tag column is gone not just missing values.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #10
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
This is similar to the problem I encountered and put in a ticket for regarding missing columns in the gui.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31636Columns on 103 -Mac OS X 10.5
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I'm using XP Media Center Edition and Calibre version 4.105.

And here's the attachment. I could not find the file qui.py but I found two that most closely match that.

I'm also attaching a screen capture of the config box and my library. I am able to edit the tags using the Edit Metadata Information box at the top.
You'll find the file
Code:
gui.py
somewhere under c:\documents and settings in a folder named calibre
Old 11-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #12
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchll View Post
This is similar to the problem I encountered and put in a ticket for regarding missing columns in the gui.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31636Columns on 103 -Mac OS X 10.5
I don't suppose a solution was found yet?

Amalthia

but yes it does look like my problem but with another column all together.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I think I've figured it out, will be fixed in next release.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #14
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
I think I've figured it out, will be fixed in next release.
Thanks for the help.

Amalthia