Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #31
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I'm happy that I'm almost done with an essay I'm writing
I hope the starter toner/ink cartridge on your new printer(s) is up to the task.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #32
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm glad the member I accidentally banned today instead of the spammer the member reported wasn't upset with me. I've made my share of mistakes as moderator, but sheesh! I just got a reply from my PM to them, and all is right with the world once more. Thank you, oh member who shall remain nameless!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-26-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Unnecessary word deleted.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #33
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I'm glad it wasn't me!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #34
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I'm quite sure someone got me mixed up a few times and I never got the retraction message.

Last edited by kennyc; 06-26-2012 at 06:55 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #35
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I'm quite sure someone got me mixed up a few times and I never got the retraction message.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #36
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm glad Andy Griffith became an actor.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #37
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm glad Andy Griffith became an actor.
Should you ever visit Raleigh, NC - on the NCSU campus is a life size bronze statue of Andy & Opie heading to the fishing hole - near Pullen Park.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #38
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm happy for birds.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #39
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
I am happy that my wife's recent back surgery appears to have been successful.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #40
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Should you ever visit Raleigh, NC - on the NCSU campus is a life size bronze statue of Andy & Opie heading to the fishing hole - near Pullen Park.
So, Opie. What was the deal there? Opie's not a name. Was it his initials, short for Oswald Percival, say? (in which case Opie is an improvement.) Was it short for... for... I got nuthin'. What could Opie be short for; Opossum, Optometrist? Was his name ever explained? In no moment of extreme paternal frustration, did Andy never address Opie by all his names in full?

Inquiring minds want to know.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #41
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
So, Opie. What was the deal there? Opie's not a name. Was it his initials, short for Oswald Percival, say? (in which case Opie is an improvement.) Was it short for... for... I got nuthin'. What could Opie be short for; Opossum, Optometrist? Was his name ever explained? In no moment of extreme paternal frustration, did Andy never address Opie by all his names in full?

"There are two explanations of the name's origin. One is that Opie Taylor was named by Andy Griffith after bandleader and radio actor Opie Cates. The other is that he was named for Opie Shelton (1915–1999), a childhood friend of Griffith, who went on to become president of the Atlanta Chamber of Commerce."
Old 07-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #42
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opie_Taylor
Old 07-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #43
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
"There are two explanations of the name's origin. One is that Opie Taylor was named by Andy Griffith after bandleader and radio actor Opie Cates. The other is that he was named for Opie Shelton (1915–1999), a childhood friend of Griffith, who went on to become president of the Atlanta Chamber of Commerce."
That begs the question, "Why were Messrs. Cate and Shelton named Opie?" I still say it's not a name.

Thank you. I suspect the real answer is that Southerners are different.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #44
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
My pets make me happy.

We have the older cat, Her Divine Imperial Majesty of Everything, who torments the younger cat and terrifies the puppy every since the close encounter that led to bleeding puppy ear, and who climbs into my lap, stares frostily and dares me to challenge her right to go to sleep there. Which she does purring in her sleep, fully relaxed, snuggled comfortably. Odd how she demands that right only when I'm really stressed or frustrated..

Then there's the bigger and much younger cat, who is terrified of the puppy, wary of Her Divine Majesty, and who wants love and affection so badly he brave them both to sneak into our bed at night and curl up between us. He climbs trees to get to the birds in them, and eats almost as much as the puppy.

And then, of course, there is the puppy. She thinks everything is a chew toy, or just a toy, including the younger cat. Her Imperial Majesty refuses to back away from the puppy, and puppy-girl has now learned that if you keep moving forward when the cat hisses, then your face and ear will start to hurt. And she thinks she's a lap dog.

Other things that make me happy are good coffee in the morning, good wine in the evenings, and good books and video games whenever I have time for them.

Despite everything, life is good. Life is very good.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote