Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #46
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
ah yes Hadrien, but I was connected to feedbooks.com thru the kindle, and in searching S.S. Van Dine the books all came up fine So I started downloading them, and then realized
they weren't in chronological order. Noticed that Harry T.'s were, so went there. I surely do hope these two sites won't be competing to the point of causing hard feelings. You both have such a tremendous amount of information and books to offer us all. I apologise if I stepped on your toes.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #47
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I apologise if I stepped on your toes.
Not at all.
Just pointing things out. When you search for an author in the guide, the books are sorted by popularity (most downloads, not most favorites) but the release date for each book is displayed. But if it's series, there's usually a list with the books in the right order too.
For an author on the normal/mobile website you can change the order very easily (title, date, popularity and type): http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/author/250
... mobile: http://www.feedbooks.com/mobile/author/250
Same applies for lists (where you can sort based on title, date, position and popularity): http://www.feedbooks.com/list/view/23
...mobile: http://www.feedbooks.com/mobile/displaylist/23

At the same time as I'll add the descriptions to the mobile website, I might add a few more links from the guide to the mobile website. Currently, only the types are linked to the mobile website, but since there's only limited interactions possible within the guide, I might add a few other links to interesting resources (related books, top/recent books, personnalized recommendations etc...).
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #48
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Well, the guide on Feedbooks doesn't have all the lists. There's all the list that admins (in this case my lists) created and that's it. There's far too many lists (anyone can create a list) that wouldn't be interesting for the average user to include all of them. I'll add a rule in the future: something like, if a list gets more than 5 favorites, it gets listed in the guide.
Although I was aware that any user could create a list, I have been under the impression that there were "official" lists such as the Sailor Steve Costigan list. I wouldn't expect to see the lists created by various users in the Feedbooks Guide, but I have been delighted to see these lists which you have been including.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #49
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Although I was aware that any user could create a list, I have been under the impression that there were "official" lists such as the Sailor Steve Costigan list. I wouldn't expect to see the lists created by various users in the Feedbooks Guide, but I have been delighted to see these lists which you have been including.
No "official" lists, only lists created by an admin or a user. Lists created by users could be very useful too, the only thing necessary is some form of qualification for such a list to show up on the guide.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #50
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
For the moment I'll keep on talking about upcoming features such as RSS feeds (Mobileread, Blog) and our upcoming REST webservice that will enable any hardware manufacturer or programmer to interact with Feedbooks.
OOOH! The REST webservice sounds like a wonderful enhancement. (Elsi is anxious to check it out!)
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #51
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
if you like reading books in order are you familiar with the url fantasticfiction.co.uk. It is a great resource

Elihu
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:24 PM   #52
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
oh yes oh yes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsussman View Post
if you like reading books in order are you familiar with the url fantasticfiction.co.uk. It is a great resource

Elihu
I first found this site ages ago. Anytime I"m looking for something in a particular order, I hit this site first. Such a treasure.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just want everyone reading this to know that this is NOT a Kindle guide. It's a Mobipocket Guide. It's not created just for the Kindle. It's created for every version of Mobipocket that it works with.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #54
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just want everyone reading this to know that this is NOT a Kindle guide. It's a Mobipocket Guide. It's not created just for the Kindle. It's created for every version of Mobipocket that it works with.
Which makes it all the more great!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Which makes it all the more great!
I just don't want anyone who is not using a Kindle but is using some other version of Mobipocket that this is only for the Kindle. I cannot say if it will or will not work on what version Mobipocket other then the Kindle and Mobipocket Reader. But I'm thinking it might work on other Mobipocket implementations that also have net access like the iLiad.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #56
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Has anyone tried this guide with FBReader yet?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:03 PM   #57
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Has anyone tried this guide with FBReader yet?
I just tried it on my N800. It worked great.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:22 PM   #58
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
FBReader has a "Web" tab under options (cross toools icon). Its only option on some devices is "Open External Links in Default Browser". This will probably be on by default, and any device with a default browser should be able to use the guide via FBReader.

On the iLiad (FBReader version 0.8.04) the Web tab option is "open external links in Browser", and if you check it you then need to enter the command to use (since there is no default browser). I have not tried to get this to work, but the command would typically have to include an automatic connection to WiFi. The best bet might be a script using wget. The iLiad also has MobiPocket Reader, but it does not support web access.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:50 AM   #59
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
FBReader has a "Web" tab under options (cross toools icon). Its only option on some devices is "Open External Links in Default Browser". This will probably be on by default, and any device with a default browser should be able to use the guide via FBReader.

On the iLiad (FBReader version 0.8.04) the Web tab option is "open external links in Browser", and if you check it you then need to enter the command to use (since there is no default browser). I have not tried to get this to work, but the command would typically have to include an automatic connection to WiFi. The best bet might be a script using wget. The iLiad also has MobiPocket Reader, but it does not support web access.
We've started exploring the source code for FBReader at Feedbooks, we might add support for one of our API endpoint directly as a feature in FBReader (searching for books and downloading them).
Old 06-22-2008, 09:11 AM   #60
jujuridl1
in Michigan
jujuridl1 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
I just want to thank everyone involved for this wonderful resource. I will have to quit my job now, to get to my reading.... but that is a small thing.
jujuridl1 is offline   Reply With Quote