Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #31
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Is there a way to turn the dictionary off???

I guess that I should be more explicit.

Is there a way to toggle the dictionary display on/off? The highlighted words can be distracting when you are working on something else.

Last edited by crutledge; 01-12-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #32
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is there a way to write a REGEX that only matches words the dictionary highlights?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #33
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Is there a way to turn the dictionary off???
Edit->Preferences->Dictionary - select None
Old 01-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #34
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is there a way to write a REGEX that only matches words the dictionary highlights?
Have no idea (unlikely though), but interesting idea. I was thinking about a spellcheck button that lists the lines with errors in them, but modifying Find in some way to find the next mis-spelled word is another approach worth considering.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #35
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
I was thinking about a spellcheck button that lists the lines with errors in them, but modifying Find in some way to find the next mis-spelled word is another approach worth considering.
I think a list for search and replace is something that'll be needed sooner or later - it could dual purpose for this too I guess. But I guess that's a feature request for the future
Old 01-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #36
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Have no idea (unlikely though), but interesting idea. I was thinking about a spellcheck button that lists the lines with errors in them, but modifying Find in some way to find the next mis-spelled word is another approach worth considering.
What gave me the idea, was I want to remove hyphens (really Mdash) that ran into the next word. Spell check shows these as red, this would leave real hyphenated words alone
Old 01-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #37
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Making global F&R's does indeed start at the current cursor position and does not wrap. Is this the intended behavior?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
If so, I think it would be a good idea to make it optional to wrap or not wrap.
Wrapping in some form will come back in a later version.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:15 AM   #38
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
What gave me the idea, was I want to remove hyphens (really Mdash) that ran into the next word. Spell check shows these as red, this would leave real hyphenated words alone
Don't you find those with a search for "MDash\B" ?

Last edited by WS64; 01-12-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #39
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I heard about an error, which I have not been able to reproduce yet. I can't reproduce, because I don't have a source in which the error is. I have asked for the file though.

It seems that Sigil will crash when a word contains the HTML entity ­. That entity is not visible, but apparently the word is indicated is misspelled. When after right-clicking on the word the correct spelling is chosen, Sigil crashes.
I will try to reproduce, but at the moment if I use ­ it doesn't get converted to a HTML entity.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #40
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Don't you find those with a search for "MDash\B" ?
\B is a dictionary based word boundary?

1)They are no longer Mdash (they got mangled in OCR/conversion).

2)How to tell the difference between a hyphenated words and a Mdash run-together? Spelling. Visually 1 or both sides of the dash fail spell check (and a few pass completely )
Old 01-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #41
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
\B is a dictionary based word boundary?

1)They are no longer Mdash (they got mangled in OCR/conversion).

2)How to tell the difference between a hyphenated words and a Mdash run-together? Spelling. Visually 1 or both sides of the dash fail spell check (and
a few pass completely )
No, \B is "not word boundary"
I thought you meant "– bla" was fine and "–bla" was not, and with –\B you should find "–bla"

But actually I am wrong, you need \b (although I do not understand why), so "–\b" will find "–bla".
Of course if – got replaced by - this will not really work anymore
Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #42
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
No, \B is "not word boundary"
I thought you meant "– bla" was fine and "–bla" was not, and with –\B you should find "–bla"

But actually I am wrong, you need \b (although I do not understand why), so "–\b" will find "–bla".
Of course if – got replaced by - this will not really work anymore
You are correct the -\b would find it.
I want another 'AND' condition: Spelling error, since -\b is valid in many, many, cases.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #43
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Wrapping in some form will come back in a later version.
If I had my druthers, the options would be; start from top or start from cursor. In either case, it would not wrap.

Regards - John

Last edited by Jabby; 01-12-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #44
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Okay, found something else:

the expression (.*) is not capturing strings that are longer than one line of code. For example:

a search for

Code:
<div[^>]*>(.*)</div>
comes back with zero hits, even though there are multiple instance that should be matched by that, such as:

Code:
    <div class="s1">
      <h4 class="calibre3" id="heading_id_2"><span class="none">Chapter 2.</span></h4>

<h4 class="calibre3" id="heading_id_3"></h4>
    </div>
Old 01-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #45
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
Code:
<div[^>]*>(.*)</div>
That should be
Code:
(?s)<div[^>]*>(.*)</div>

. does not match newline by default now.
Closed Thread