Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 AM   #16
gollu
Unsullied
gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i
i am writing this on my Kindle for free... what more there's to need?
gollu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #17
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicsos2 View Post
No - I've manually installed 2.5.2 and created two collections - all with the Whisperjet turned off.
Thanks. That's encouraging.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #18
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Loving the new features the collections are great, The fact that you can have one book in multiple collection rocks. The PDF zooming is amazingly easy to use and pretty fast. It also remembers the zoom setting on a page next so one does not have to zoom on every page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollu View Post
i am writing this on my Kindle for free... what more there's to need?
Ditto, I just wish the Kindle had a copy and paste feature along with a select text and this device could be used for posting in most forums.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #19
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Excellent. Off to my cave to salivate over collections.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #20
elmoglick
Groupie
elmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Ditto, I just wish the Kindle had a copy and paste feature along with a select text and this device could be used for posting in most forums.
Not sure if this works in the browser, but you can copy text into the search field by highlighting and then pressing the spacebar.
elmoglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #21
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoglick View Post
Not sure if this works in the browser, but you can copy text into the search field by highlighting and then pressing the spacebar.
Whaaaaat?? I did not know this. Thank you for posting! Karma coming your way!
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #22
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, 2.5.x sucks eggs and that is being nice.

2.5.x has changed how the DRM works. So the tools to remove the DRM no longer work with eBooks downloaded via 2.5.x. I know there are other ways of stripping Amazon's DRM. But if you've been doing it via the K2, you are going to hate 2.5.x.
I partially agree. Using the Calibre plug-in was very elegant. Using skindle is kind of a pain, but I have confidence in the Dark Reverser and Apprentice Alf-they won't let a challenge stand for long! And at least I have been able to decrypt the books I have bought from Amazon since. But I must say, epub is now my preferred format - much fewer steps compared with skindle.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #23
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
You've always been able to do that - even in the original 2.0 version.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #24
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
No doesn't work. I was more looking for a system wide cut-n-paste feature.

Still a cool trick thanks for sharing.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #25
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Fonts.... are they sharper or...

The title says it all really. It seems to me that that the resolution is somehow sharper. Am I imagining it? What do others think?
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #26
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm completely underwhelmed with the update. Even if it hadn't foul-up my dedrm routine, I've seen nothing to get excited about. I only keep a handful of books on my Kindle at any given time so collections do nothing for me. I don't tweet and I don't Facebook, so... yeah. Pretty much *meh* for me.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #27
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I really love collections. I keep about 150 books on my kindle. It was really hard, from the titles, for me to figure out what a book was about - and I choose what to read by category. I have 3 books I am currently reading - a nonfiction, romance and mystery. But I just got the new Sookie Stakehouse book (which I could probably figure out by searching "dead") and I knew that is what I wanted to read. Didn't have to remember the author or title.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #28
Zorz
Zealot
Zorz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
I was mainly hoping for darker contrast, but its exactly the same.
Zorz is offline   Reply With Quote