Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #46
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Smile

My D&B cover arrived today at 10:30 a.m., a scant 38 hours after I ordered it! It is definitely red, not burgundy and the interior is brown. I think the color looks much better in person than online. All in all I'm very happy with it......even happier that I got it on sale!!

I will take pictures of it tonight and try to highlight the true color. I'll try to post the best pictures tonight as well.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #47
Nytngale
Enthusiast
Nytngale began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Treo 700, Verizon Voyager
There must be differences in the dye lots for the leather as mine is the exact color as shown in the pictures I posted. Maybe I would have liked it better if it had been more red!
Nytngale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #48
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
$99 for the cover?

I'd be pretty miffed if I were an early, early purchaser of this cover and paid $150. To see it suddenly drop to $99 would get my blood boiling since it's less than a few DAYS since it was released at $150.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #49
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
My D&B cover arrived today at 10:30 a.m., a scant 38 hours after I ordered it! It is definitely red, not burgundy and the interior is brown. I think the color looks much better in person than online. All in all I'm very happy with it......even happier that I got it on sale!!

I will take pictures of it tonight and try to highlight the true color. I'll try to post the best pictures tonight as well.
Lucky you MarciaCat; mine says it will be delivered on Feb 12! Looking forward to your pictures.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #50
Nytngale
Enthusiast

Color me miffed! I think it is pretty crappy, but then I guess retailers count on fools like me! At least Apple waited a little longer to drop the price on the iPhone before irritating their customers.
Advert
Old 02-07-2008, 10:24 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytngale View Post
Color me miffed! I think it is pretty crappy, but then I guess retailers count on fools like me! At least Apple waited a little longer to drop the price on the iPhone before irritating their customers.
I would call Sony and tell them that since it was not long after you purchased your cover that you want to have the difference refunded.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 AM   #52
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pictures!

I've taken a few pix featuring my D&B crimson cover with a few other red things (including the key ring) and the original cover for comparison. The kitten (Maggie, 7 1/2 months old) is not red but she wanted her picture taken!!

I may take more pictures in tomorrow to see if the red photographs differently in daylight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ReaderCover007.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	10084   Click image for larger version

Name:	ReaderCover001.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	10085   Click image for larger version

Name:	ReaderCover002.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	10086   Click image for larger version

Name:	ReaderCover016.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	10088  

Last edited by MarciaCat; 02-08-2008 at 12:33 AM. Reason: add another pic!
Old 02-08-2008, 01:04 AM   #53
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

More Pix!

D'oh!! Of all thing red I've got, how could I forget my Ipod??!!

Two more comparison pictures.

Yes, red is my favorite color!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ReaderCover021.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	10089   Click image for larger version

Name:	ReaderCover025.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	10090  
Old 02-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #54
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Thanks MarciaCat! I cant wait for mine to arrive. Do you like how your reader look inside the cover?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #55
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Lilly, I really like how it looks in it new cover. The interior is a nice brown as shown in Nytngale's pictures. the leather is very comfortable to hold, it seems a little sturdier than the original pleather cover. It's a little stiff to fold the front cover back when in use, but that may change over time.

On a side note to Nytngale, I was looking at the Dooney & Bourke website last night and saw that they have all sorts of handbags,totes and accessories in the same croc pattern:
Dooney Croco Handbags
Dooney Croco Accessories
Old 02-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #56
Nytngale
Enthusiast

Hi MarciaCat,
Yours looks like it might be a little redder than mine - I have found that mine looks different shades in different lighting. Great idea comparing with other red items. Thanks for the DB links - hadn't gone there, but just might have to have another accessory to complement my reader!!!

PS: My cats are jealous that your kitty got to be in the picture.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #57
Nytngale
Enthusiast

That's a great idea - think I will. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 02-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #58
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Daylight Pictures

Nytngale, my three cats are well versed at getting their pictures taken whenever possible I have posted lots of pix of them over at My Cat Hates You!!

I have noticed that my cover looks redder with natural light as opposed to artificial light. I'm very pleased with my cover, it's much nicer than the original!!
On the D&B accessories page did you happen to see the "Small Writing Journal" that looks remarkably like the Reader cover, except for being an inch and a quarter larger in length and and height but priced 'only' at $55? The key fob is $25. Methinks someone noticed the similarity and lowered the price at Sony. I hope you are successful with getting Sony to adjust the price!!

Here are the photos I took in daylight:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ReaderCover029.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	10128   Click image for larger version

Name:	ReaderCover039.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	10129   Click image for larger version

Name:	ReaderCover035.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	10130  
Old 02-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #59
Nytngale
Enthusiast

I have 3 cats as well! 2 siamese and 1 Maine Coon - all extremely spoiled and priviledged although they are highly unaware of it! Mine cover is more red in brighter light - we haven't had any sunlight recently - I live in NW Ohio where it has been overcast for what seems like years! I'll be in Florida in 2 weeks - can't wait to see what sun will do for it. Didn't get a chance to check out much at the DB website - although I do like the large tote bag - $525 yikes!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #60
Rep-PJPL
Rep-PJPL began at the beginning.

Device: SONY 505
An update to my earlier post: I called SonyStyle about the price drop. They were very pleasant and immediately credited me for the price difference. Now I really like these new covers.
Rep-PJPL is offline   Reply With Quote