Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
New Fire for me...

Hi all,
I'm generally in the Sony devices forum but I'm the owner of a new Kindle Fire...bought yesterday : ).

This is my first Kindle device and I'm using Calibre...sent them a donation...great people...to manage books on my Fire and Sony T1.

I'm brand new to an "Android" type device and while not new to using its' method of storage...as a drive device...I do find it cumbersome preferring a "library" type system that my Sony devices use. But I'm learning.

I've read most of the Fire's User Guide and Quick Start guide and have read through the threads for sideloading, etc. but I am not understanding how to move apps, such as Firefox, estrongs, Mantanore, etc. to my Fire nor how to get them to work.

I've also registered on the Amazon Fire Forum but have not started searching that forum yet...I prefer the mobileread forum...

Is there a source where I can learn how to do these things in a "newbie" format?

Thanks all,
Kai
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Welcome to the kindle family. I'd say keep playing around & browse the forums. I'm also new to the android platform. Sometimes its hard to find good advice because a big majority of android users are also rooters.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Here is one method to sideload apps to the Fire: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=11

Definitely read through our Tips thread as well for a lot of good info.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Found a great site with a cool tutorial on how to sideload.
Link: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/11/kindle-fire-sideload/

It was easy to follow and worked fine.
I installed ES File Installer and it is working fine.
Looking forward to learning more.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote