Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
IluvToRead
Enthusiast
IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox m92 - Kindle 4
Different Case for the m92

Hi Everyone,
I'm enjoying life with my m92. I was wondering if anyone has been using another type of case for the m92.

There was one on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/M92-Protection...=onyx+boox+m92

Maybe there is a better one that people have been using. Maybe stronger, or drop resistant.

Just wondering.
IluvToRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvToRead View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm enjoying life with my m92. I was wondering if anyone has been using another type of case for the m92.

There was one on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/M92-Protection...=onyx+boox+m92

Maybe there is a better one that people have been using. Maybe stronger, or drop resistant.

Just wondering.
Is this an attempt of a shop publicity?
I own one cover exactly like the one you said as it is clearly a product of one
of the major resellers (artatech).
I can tell you after two weeks of use that for me is very worth its relative expensive price.
Very good materials and it is rigid in front of the screen.
I don't like the pencil holder though i see no other solution.
And it's a bit unconfortable to 'backfold'.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Moinchen
Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
I built a case myself from a book and some foam taken from chair cushions, because I couldn't find a real hardshell case for a reasonable price and in a fitting size - I ordered several so-called hardshell cases, but all of them were flexible and could be bent easily, so they didn't fulfill my conditions. The self-built case is quite big, but as I had already gotten the protective cover from booxtor's shop with my m92, I only use it when I need to transport the reader in a travelling bag, and I put the reader with the cover from booxtor's shop into it. If someone would like to get instructions, tell me, I took photos of the building process.
Moinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moinchen View Post
I built a case myself from a book and some foam taken from chair cushions, because I couldn't find a real hardshell case for a reasonable price and in a fitting size - I ordered several so-called hardshell cases, but all of them were flexible and could be bent easily, so they didn't fulfill my conditions. The self-built case is quite big, but as I had already gotten the protective cover from booxtor's shop with my m92, I only use it when I need to transport the reader in a travelling bag, and I put the reader with the cover from booxtor's shop into it. If someone would like to get instructions, tell me, I took photos of the building process.
Please post the pics. Thanks in advance
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
Moinchen
Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.

I took 28 pictures, so I will only post the links here, as I know from experience that the forum load times can be quite long if pictures are inserted.

The steps are those:
- Purchase a book for 1 Euro that is a bit bigger and higher than the m92.
- Purchase 2 desk chair cushions filled with blocks of foam.
- Empty the book.
- Take measure from the m92 (just draw on the foam taken from the cushions)
- Make a top and a bottom from the foam.
- Cut a hole the size of the m92 into the middle of both.
- Take one of the cutouts and slice it into two.
- If necessary, stabilize with paper glued to the back of the slices.
- Sew an envelope for the slices and put them into it.
- Cover the top and bottom rims with fabric (this proved to be very messy and difficult because of the corners, but: As the downside will not be visible, you can sew as messy as you like :-) )
- Cover the book skeleton with adhesive plastic foil in your favorite color / texture.
- Think of a fitting closing mechanism ( I chose a chinese button node sling and some beautiful medieval-looking buttons I found in an old button chest)
- Put the closing mechanism into place (I just knotted the leather band on the other side of some holes in the book lid).
- Glue the fabric covered top and bottom rims and the fabric covered slices into the book cover.
- Wait until all is dry :-)
- Put your m92 into it, close the lid, and be happy ;-)

I cannot describe exact measurements, as those will depend on the book, fabric, foam, closing mechanism,....

Hope this gives someone some nice ideas!

Image gallery:

http://postimg.org/gallery/5wbz55h2/15c7938d/

The pictures are displayed in the wrong order but there's nothing I can do about it.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Thank you so much Moinchen
You have given a very detailed explanation. Outer cover and button look very beautiful indeed
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
Moinchen

Thanks - I like the 'antique' look, too - and the adhesive foil with the leather texture was 2 Euros for 15m x 40cm at ebay. I don't really know what to do with the other 14m , but it was definitely worth it.