Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
8.9 Fire HD shipping today, 11/15; Best Buy tomorrow!

Amazon has reported it is shipping pre-orders beginning today and it will also be available at Best Buy tomorrow:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/11/15/kin...lves-tomorrow/

Sent from my Nexus 7
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I wish I had an 8.9" Fire on the way. I already have two tablets, so I won't be buying one, but I can't wait to check it out at Best Buy!

From Amazon's official press release:

Quote:
Kindle Fire HD 8.9” Ships Today

Kindle Fire HD 8.9” ships today—features a stunning 1920x1200 HD display with 254 ppi, exclusive Dolby audio, a powerful processor and graphics engine and dual antenna, dual-band Wi-Fi with MIMO—just $299

The top-of-the-line Kindle Fire HD 8.9” 4G ships next week—comes with the groundbreaking 4G LTE data package, just $49.99 for the first year

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 15, 2012-- (NASDAQ:AMZN)—Amazon today announced that Kindle Fire HD 8.9”—the large-screen version of Amazon’s best-selling HD tablet—ships today, just in time for the holiday shopping season. Customers can order their Kindle Fire HD 8.9” at www.amazon.com/kindlefirehd for $299. Kindle Fire HD 8.9” is also available at Best Buy starting tomorrow as well as additional retailers like Staples and Radio Shack in the coming weeks. Kindle Fire HD 8.9” 4G will ship next week.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I better start going to Best Buy in disguise. Well I buy a good deal of things from them so they haven't minded in the past. Guess it is their fault for stocking all these tempting goodies! Looking forward on test driving one.

Another upgrade?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Congratulations to everyone getting one. The Kindle Fire apps are going to look awesome on that thing.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
I sense a field trip and an addition to my Christmahannukwanzaka list coming up...
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
They are usually in demo mode but I was able to get a pretty good idea with the 7" kfhd.
Hopefully they will have some music, books and video to try. Like I said, I cannot wait but I don't think I would get much for the 7" if I want to trade in though.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
If you order today, the Amazon site says it will be shipped Dec 3.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
My 8.9" Fire pre-order allegedly shipped yesterday. Was a gift, and will be my first time owning a tablet. Looking forward to playing with it. Could even arrive today, but doubtful.

Also. It seems that when pre-orders first went live there was not a Special Offers/No-Special offers option. Now they're selling the non-SO for $15 more. This is probably old news. Point is, I'm not sure which one that means I'll be getting, since the pre-order was $299 and the SO is $315.

Interestingly enough, my mom, who also preordered, called Amazon to ask about it. They told her that since it was pre-ordered before the SO option went into effect, if the one she/we get is Special Offers and we decide we don't like it, they will remotely remove that feature at no cost.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
Interestingly enough, my mom, who also preordered, called Amazon to ask about it. They told her that since it was pre-ordered before the SO option went into effect, if the one she/we get is Special Offers and we decide we don't like it, they will remotely remove that feature at no cost.
That's good to know. I will be making a phone call as soon as it arrives today.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote