Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
adoucette
adoucette doesn't litteradoucette doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color (rooted?)
calibre shuts down after failed news download

When my computer has no internet connection and Calibre tries to make scheduled news downloads, it shows a notification dialog that news download failed and then Calibre closes itself when I click OK on the dialog.
Is there a way to prevent Calibre from closing after a failed news download?
Thanks,
Ari
adoucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by adoucette View Post
When my computer has no internet connection and Calibre tries to make scheduled news downloads, it shows a notification dialog that news download failed and then Calibre closes itself when I click OK on the dialog.
Are you sure it's not just closing to the system tray?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
adoucette

No, it's not closing to the tray in this case. When this happens, Calibre actually closes. I have to launch it again. (I do, however, have Calibre set to close to tray.)
Old 10-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
adoucette

Here's a pic of the error message Calibre gives me when this happens.

Basically, when the computer wakes up, Calibre seems to try to download news before the computer is connected to the wifi and it says there's no connection and then throws this message. When I close the message or click OK, Calibre closes.
How can I fix this?
Ari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	344
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	78131  
Old 10-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
adoucette

Here's a screen capture video (below) of what is happening -- you can see that Calibre is running in the system tray and then when I close the error dialog Calibre closes. Is there a fix for this?
Thanks,
Ari
1-1.avi
Advert
Old 10-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dont minimize to tray, instead minimize to taskbar and you should no longer see the crash. I cannot reproduce this crash so I cannot fix it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote