Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-28-2022, 01:33 PM   #1
killo3967
killo3967 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy Fill automatically a custom book column from full-search text query

Do you know if is it posible to fill a custom column name "Rev" (for example) with the result of a query between metadata.db and full-text-search.db.

What i want to do is:

Look for a text inside de books like "Rev 1.3" using a regular expression and insert the result "1.3" in a custom column.

Could be done with language template in "template functions" and use this result to fill a custom colum?

I don't know if it's posible using this method and how to do this.

Could you help me, please.
killo3967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 11:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No that's not possible. What you can do is run the search manually, then right click the mark books button and choose select matched books. Then in the main book list you can click the edit metadata button to open the bulk metadata dialog and add whatever value you want to all those books in a single operation
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2022, 04:41 PM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Multi-Column Search plugin for TXT Queries

Fan Fiction users that also use the Calibre Multi-Column Search plugin have been able to do that for years for TXT-format stories that MCS viewed as "virtual metadata columns" useful for full-text searching. MCS now also searches the Calibre FTS database (if it fully exists for a Library because you have already indexed its books) as well.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...20&postcount=1

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=25

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 01:11 PM   #4
killo3967

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Fan Fiction users that also use the Calibre Multi-Column Search plugin have been able to do that for years for TXT-format stories that MCS viewed as "virtual metadata columns" useful for full-text searching. MCS now also searches the Calibre FTS database (if it fully exists for a Library because you have already indexed its books) as well.

DaltonST
Old 11-03-2022, 02:28 PM   #5
killo3967

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post

DaltonST

Could you help me a little more with MCS plugin.
I am lookin for a line like this in the book:
<p class="trevision"><strong class="sans">ePUB r1.2</strong></p>

I make a "Text search" using "\bePUB\sr(\d\.?\d?) and i would like to introduce the result ( ex. 1.3 ) in my custom column #revision.

Then i checked "When found" and also "Update this CC", the i select the column "Revision" and fails with this error.

calibre, version 6.7.0
ERROR: Excepción no considerada: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'append'

calibre 6.7 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: es
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 0, 0) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Audit Log (1, 0, 18) && Barnes & Noble (1, 4, 0) && CalibreSpy (1, 0, 88) && Comments Cleaner (1, 8, 0) && Count Pages (1, 12, 0) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 15, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 7) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 0) && Goodreads (1, 7, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 192) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Mass Search-Replace (1, 6, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 0) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 90) && Open With (1, 8, 0) && Quality Check (1, 13, 0) && Reading List (1, 14, 0) && Resize Cover (1, 2, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 0) && User Category (1, 6, 0) && Walk Search History (1, 5, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.mcs_search_di alog", line 5642, in execute_txt_query_selected
File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.mcs_search_di alog", line 5739, in execute_txt_query
File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui", line 5645, in search_virtual_column_format_txt_control
File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui", line 5925, in options_text_update_cc_with_results
File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui", line 6009, in update_custom_metadata_using_standard_calibre
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'append'

What am i doing bad?

Advert
Old 11-03-2022, 02:49 PM   #6
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Use the MCS thread for MCS questions

[1] Quit posting MCS questions here. Use the MCS thread for MCS questions.

[2] In MCS, attach a screen print of your custom column configuration in Calibre. That is where your problem lies. I need to see it.

[3] See the last post I made in the MCS thread that discusses what Types of Custom Columns to use for what you are trying to do. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=25

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 11-03-2022 at 04:48 PM. Reason: More info
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom collumn, full text search, regex, template language