Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
David McAfee
Live from East Tennessee
David McAfee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Testing Signature

OK, it works. Sorry, I wasn't sure where to test it. Mods please remove if innapropriate.
David McAfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Robin O'Neill
Connoisseur
Robin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PC
As long as you're testing yours, David, I'll test mine.

Last edited by Robin O'Neill; 05-30-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: It didn't work but now it does.
Robin O'Neill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
David McAfee
Live from East Tennessee

Cool. The more the merrier.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
sbaum4853
YA Fantasy Author
sbaum4853 is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle
Where did you guys add your signature? Can't find a place to do so in the Control Panel, and haven't found the answer on the FAQ.
sbaum4853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
sbaum4853
YA Fantasy Author
sbaum4853 is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle
And now I've found in another post that the signature option only comes available after 10 posts and one week on the boards. Will merrily post and wait!
sbaum4853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
David McAfee
Live from East Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaum4853 View Post
And now I've found in another post that the signature option only comes available after 10 posts and one week on the boards. Will merrily post and wait!
Make sure you do it merrily.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #7
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin
dlmartin6 doesn't litterdlmartin6 doesn't litter

OK, I'll ask the dumb question. Where is the control panel? I didn't realize I had enough posts to put my books in the signature line. Now that I do - 17 posts and counting - how do I add update my signature?

Deb
dlmartin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin

Let's try again.

Last edited by dlmartin6; 06-01-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya DL: Just pop up to the top of this page and click on User CP (Control Panel) at the extreme left of the toolbar. In the left margin, you'll then be offered a whole bunch of things you can do. Been enjoying your posts, by the way, DL. I've been up to the ears in work for the past week or so and time's been tight, but I'd like to come back on one or two points you raise once the dust settles. Very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
(Hope it's okay to post this link here! If not appropriate, then I trust our moderators will remove it.)

If you have been active long enough to be allowed a signature, but you are still having trouble finding the page that will allow you to add one, you can access that functionality via this link:

As with any sort of forum post, the signature line supports smileys, hyperlinks, off-site images and special formatting.

There is a limit on the acceptable character length for a signature, but don't worry about limits unless the page tells you that your signature line is too long. If you do hit the limit, simply edit it down and try again.

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #11
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin

Thanks everyone. I did get my links to show up, but not the book covers even though I put in the direct Amazon link. Oh well, I'm happy with the links.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #12
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Hya DL: Just pop up to the top of this page and click on User CP (Control Panel) at the extreme left of the toolbar. In the left margin, you'll then be offered a whole bunch of things you can do. Been enjoying your posts, by the way, DL. I've been up to the ears in work for the past week or so and time's been tight, but I'd like to come back on one or two points you raise once the dust settles. Very best wishes. Neil
Hi Neil,

Sounds good. Not sure what I'm been posting, but I'm glad you've been enjoying it. I've been working hard posting author interview on my blog, Two Ends of the Pen. Some of them are hysterical. Pop over if you want to be entertained.

Deb