Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
kiraa
kiraa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader
Tag the date of a book?

Hi everybody,

I noticed that we can't change the date of a book. The date is the one of the file. I'm a french student in literature, and I would like to browse my books with their date of creation.
The sony reader has a date option, like Calibre a row called "date", but i can't find a way to edit this.

Another thing i pointed out was the name of the file which is truncated if it's above 40 letters or something like that. It's not very important because the tagging remains correct, it's just the name of the file itself. In the XVII century, in France, you can't find a book which has less that 40 letters in the title :P

Thanks and sorry for my english, good day to you
kiraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Date cant be changed, and file name length limits are their to accomadate certain platforms that dont support long file names.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert