Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-04-2014, 04:26 AM   #1
MarkusRJR
MarkusRJR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Question Moving books from Kobo's store onto a micro SD card?

I recently bought a Kobo Aura and have purchased a bunch of manga volumes that were on sale. Problem is, each volume can turn out to be 100mb+ each. Since I don't really want to run out of room, I decided I'd move the manga onto my micro SD card and only keep books on my Kobo's internal storage. I've searched basically every menu on my Kobo Aura and googled everywhere but haven't really found an answer as to how to do this. There's tons of FAQ's on moving over non-drmed epubs, but not really that much on moving over kobo's books.

If someone here would be able to provide some insight on how to do this, I'd be thankful.
MarkusRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:17 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For books downloaded from Kobo, where they are stored is handled automatically. If the main memory starts to run out, and there is an SD card in it, the books will be put on the card. This starts happening with somewhere between 50MB and 100MB free. If you are sideloading the books, you decide which memory to put them in.

If you really want to do this, you can put a file on the main memory to fill the space, sync to the server to download the books to the SD card and then remove the file. I have done that as a test and it works.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
micro sd, microsd, moving books, storage