Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #1
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Questions about the PB 602 manual

I was reading this post of Paola, and I decided to have a look at the manual. Now I have questions:

Page 6
Quote:
Avoid direct sunlight. Avoid heating or cooling the battery. An excessively hot battery may cause skin burns.
So I'm not supposed to read outside unless I'm in the shade? And at what point would I directly touch the battery?
Quote:
Do not leave the device for a long time in poorly ventilated environment, e.g. in a car or in closed tight boxes/packaging.
Does this include a suitcase? Is the sleeve that comes with the device considered ventilated?

Page 8
Quote:
To remove persistent dirt contact the authorized center.
This is just funny.

Page 9
Quote:
Keep away from children.

Page 14
Quote:
When you charge your device for the first time keep it charging for 8 – 12 hrs without switching it on.
I read that the devices were turning on when they were connected to the computer for charging for the first time. Wouldn't this be a problem?

Quote:
3. The indicator turns yellow as soon as the charging process starts.
4. When the battery is fully charged, the indicator turns green or off.
This goes against what is written on page 12:
Quote:
Flashing orange color indicates that charging in progress, constant green – battery fully charged
Quote:
If your device remains active during charging...
This goes against:
Quote:
1. Make sure the device and its power indicator are off.
Page 34
Quote:
10. Maintenance:
• clean state;
• calibrate touch panel;
What is "clean state" and when should we calibrate the touch panel (well, not the 602 model, but the x03 models).

Page 42
Quote:
From time to time you may find it useful to save a selected fragment to a separate notepad.
This is the first thing under "Notes", and from the function it looks more like quotes. Information is lacking on this section, and as there is a limit of 30 bookmarks, I am wondering if there is a limit on notes as well, since they both go to the book's contents.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote