Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #61
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
fair enough -- actually, the quote had the quoter as the quotee and i just pasted in that posters characterization of the OP. anyway, not the intent and i edited the post.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #62
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Regardless what the reviewer said, the Fire has proven to be an excellent value and most people are happy with. And it is the only other tablet with the sales figure close to the iPad's realm. That's quite an accomplishment on the amazon part.

Competition is good.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #63
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
Regardless what the reviewer said, the Fire has proven to be an excellent value and most people are happy with. And it is the only other tablet with the sales figure close to the iPad's realm. That's quite an accomplishment on the amazon part.

Competition is good.

After reading this post, I went back and read your original post with a different frame of mind. I get it now.

I completely agree with your last sentence. Competition is good for consumers.

Last edited by obsessed2; 12-02-2011 at 12:27 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #64
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
I still love the kindle fire. Even with the few things it could be better at it still has many more positives. Just like the iPad. I'd love the iPad to have the quick settings up top like the fire does. I'd also like the fire to have volume buttons, like the iPad does. Lol. It goes both ways. Both are great devices. I don't think there will ever be a product that satisfies everyone's expectations. Unless your Steve jobs & can have a company that can build it for you. Lol. So we settle with what we get. Try to make the best of it, enjoy it & have fun.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #65
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
After reading this post, I went back and read your original post with a different frame of mind. I get it now.

I completely agree with your last sentence. Competition is good for consumers.
good
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #66
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post

Competition is good.
Oh there is no doubt in that. I actually bought a Galaxy Tab 7+ and really liked it, but felt bad having that $400 device along with an ipad2. But I talked myself into sending that back and getting a Fire, so I wouldnt feel like so much $$ was tied up in tablets. I love my Fire. its definitely a keeper, and a great value for the $$
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, kindle fire, review