Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Notes in ereaders

Hi guys
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.
I would open this post because for me is essential the ability of apdf reader to organize the notes. In which way the sony or the other 903 will help me once I will extract the essential notes with highlight function? Can I after open only the highlights, withouth go through the all book? Can I export them in txt? I think millions of people would like these functions

Last edited by trocchietto; 12-05-2010 at 05:59 PM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Location of Notes files on the Sony PRS-650

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
Hi guys
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.
I would open this post because for me is essential the ability of apdf reader to organize the notes. In which way the sony or the other 903 will help me once I will extract the essential notes with highlight function? Can I after open only the highlights, withouth go through the all book? Can I export them in txt? I think millions of people would like these functions
With the Sony PRS-650, all notes (ie any highlighted text, handwritten notes or keyboard notes) that you create are organized as a list. So, individual pages containing notes can be opened without having to search through all of the book's pages.
OPTIONS > Notes > List
Any highlighted text, handwritten notes and/or keyboard notes are displayed as separate items in the list. Each item in the list is prefixed by an icon that denotes whether the note is highlighted text, handwritten note or keyboard note. Each item in the list is also annotated with a page number, for example: Page 196 of 266. Tap on an item in the list to display the page containing the note(s).

I am not aware of any option that allows notes to be exported as text. With PDF documents, highlighted text and handwritten notes are stored as separate files, thus:
database > markup > database > media > books > any-folder-name > filename.pdf > filenames
These notes are stored as two separate filenames under filename.pdf: (1) filename.jpg (2) filename.svg
  • filename.jpg appears to be an image of the page showing both any highlighted text and any handwritten notes.
  • filename.svg appears to be an image of the page just showing any handwritten notes.
See attached example images.
NB - I converted the .svg to .png because .svg is not supported in this forum.
Similarly with ePub format books, highlighted text and handwritten notes are stored as separate .jpg and .svg files. I don't know how/where keyboard notes are stored.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Addendum
The Sony Reader Library Software can export Notes from your e-book reader to an RTF file, that can be saved on your hard-drive.Also, see: Sony PRS-650 Folder/file storage structure hierarchy
Attached Images

Last edited by boxcorner; 01-23-2011 at 10:21 AM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wow mate thank you indeed! In the end the price of the dictionaries well cover the fancy act to buy a 650 before the notion ink
Old 12-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
wow mate thank you indeed! In the end the price of the dictionaries well cover the fancy act to buy a 650 before the notion ink
You're welcome.

Alternatively, to see all notes relating to all books/documents:
HOME > All Notes
In this case, each item in the list is annotated with the date that the note was made, the book/document title and the page number.

I agree, the two English dictionaries and ten bilingual dictionaries add a lot of value.

Last edited by boxcorner; 12-06-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #5
trocchietto
Addict

well yes sony did a c ool stuff especially with the screen and the battery length but pity that in youtube I have seen that in landscape mode it seems not always reliable the dictionary with the pdf. the note function sounds good, hope in the next firmware will be possible to read them also as an unique document
Old 12-07-2010, 02:00 AM   #6
boxcorner
»(°±°)«

Quote:
... youtube ...
Which video? What's the URL?