Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Talking Nook will ship on December 9th

Mine was shipped on Nov. 30th, as announced, states my supplier.
Unfortunately, not directly to me. But to an address in the US and then routing to me.
So it should be in Germany around December 10th.

Are your Nooks "on the road" already as well?

UPDATE: After lots of you guys have been sceptical, I've contacted my supplier again. Either they have lied to me yesterday and didn't talk to B&N, or B&N has informed them incorrectly yesterday.

Statement from B&N today, December 1st, to my supplier: "Behind shipments. Expected for December 9th".

Last edited by mgmueller; 12-01-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: wrong statement from supplier
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Congratulations! I'm very curious to read the first impressions. I'll be heading to my local B&N to test drive one next week (though I actually think I would like the Alex better).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
wow! that's amazing and exciting!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
states my supplier.
Perhaps your supplier has "shipped" something he doesn't have in his hands yet? Have you thought about that possibility? Making a shipping label doesn't necessarily require having the unit in one's hands.

In other words, your supplier is lying to you.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I've been on 3 message boards today and haven't seen anybody else who has a shipping confirmation.

Hey - maybe they had one unit (that one they used for the press conference back in October perhaps) and you won the lottery!
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
JJoyce
JJoyce began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Actually, I'm wondering if there were nook accessories involved in the order.

Others have said they've received shipping confirmation last night/this morning for covers and whatnot, but the device itself still hasn't shipped.

So...you may not want to get too excited just yet.
JJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
Copynik
Copynik began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I suspect your accessories may have shipped but not your nook. There's not a single other person I've seen in cyberspace who claims to have a nook on the way. Take a look at your receipt and see if the actual nook has shipped or whether it is something else.

I got an email last night that my cover has shipped. I wonder if they'll charge me a restocking fee if I have to return it (if something goes wrong with the Spring Design suit and nook never sees the light of day).
Copynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Perhaps your supplier has "shipped" something he doesn't have in his hands yet? Have you thought about that possibility? Making a shipping label doesn't necessarily require having the unit in one's hands.

In other words, your supplier is lying to you.
My supplier states, B&N has shipped to him on Nov. 30th, he expects their delivery on Dec. 3rd.
I've ordered October 24th.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJoyce View Post
Actually, I'm wondering if there were nook accessories involved in the order.

Others have said they've received shipping confirmation last night/this morning for covers and whatnot, but the device itself still hasn't shipped.

So...you may not want to get too excited just yet.
Just the Nook, no accessories.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
I've been on 3 message boards today and haven't seen anybody else who has a shipping confirmation.

Hey - maybe they had one unit (that one they used for the press conference back in October perhaps) and you won the lottery!
My supplier didn't get a shipping confirmation from B&N.
(I didn't either of course, as I'm not directly in touch with B&N).

I've asked my supplier, he proactively asked B&N. Then B&N did confirm shipment.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #11
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Well I hope you get it soon.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #12
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
I've asked my supplier, he proactively asked B&N. Then B&N did confirm shipment.
Fortunately for you, B&N always ships via a trackable service, so your supplier can provide the tracking number, and both you and him can watch your new nook making it's way from B&N warehouse to wherever your supplier happens to reside. Then on December 3rd you will let us all know if your supplier has a real physical nook in his hands.

A lot of people placed their orders ahead of you and your supplier. So, your supplier must have a really special relationship with B&N.

As far as I am concerned, none of my accessories shipped yet. I just hope they will ship when the nook ships, on 12/9, 12/7, 12/11 or whatever the date it may be. Ordered 4 nooks and a bunch of accessories on 10/23.

Last edited by porkupan; 12-01-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: afterthoughts
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #13
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Fortunately for you, B&N always ships via a trackable service, so your supplier can provide the tracking number, and both you and him can watch your new nook making it's way from B&N warehouse to wherever your supplier happens to reside. Then on December 3rd you will let us all know if your supplier has a real physical nook in his hands.
Just sent another email to my supplier. Have asked them for tracking number as well. Keep you informed.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
shopintheusa
Enthusiast
shopintheusa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Unfortunately, not directly to me. But to an address in the US and then routing to me.

I ordered within the 1st hour back in October. It was to ship on 11/30. Here is the email below that BN sent to me.

You were smart to order your nook early for 2 reasons:

You'll be one of the first to have one. Your nook is shipping soon and
we expect to have it to you by December 9th. As an added bonus, we've upgraded
you to overnight shipping!

To thank you for being one of the first proud nook owners, we're giving
you a $10 Barnes&Noble.com Online Gift Certificate. You can redeem it for
cool and stylish nook accessories, bestsellers, exciting new DVDs and Music,
and Toys & Games; and beginning in mid December, you'll be able to redeem it
for eBooks!

Last edited by shopintheusa; 12-01-2009 at 01:27 PM.
shopintheusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #15
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:

UPDATE: After lots of you guys have been sceptical, I've contacted my supplier again. Either they have lied to me yesterday and didn't talk to B&N, or B&N has informed them incorrectly yesterday.

Statement from B&N today, December 1st, to my supplier: "Behind shipments. Expected for December 9th".