Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Doughnut Day

Today is National Doughnut Day. I'll refrain from any Cop jokes, but don't let that stop the rest of you
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Today is National Donut Day. I'll refrain from any Cop jokes, but don't let that stop the rest of you
So, jgray............how do you like your Asus?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Today is National Doughnut Day. I'll refrain from any Cop jokes, but don't let that stop the rest of you
So I believe lol

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=187
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
So, jgray............how do you like your Asus?
I just logged out when I saw your lightning fast response. I logged back in, just for you

For what I use it for, I am very happy with my Asus 1000HE.

I actually replaced a larger, older laptop with the Asus netbook. For less than $400, I think this particular model is a very good deal. I like the small size, light weight and most especially the long battery life.

The actual core hardware of all netbooks are pretty much the same (CPU, screen, etc.) The details are what make the difference. There are some models that are thinner and lighter, but you don't get that 8+ hour battery life with those.

One other detail that I mentioned elsewhere is the keyboard. Given the size constraints, the keyboard is very usable for a touch typist.

Using the Asus as an ebook reader isn't too bad, compared to a laptop. It isn't as nice as the Jetbook that I recently purchased, however. The exception is PDF, which is better on the larger netbook screen. For whatever I'm doing on the Asus, I did turn the screen brightness down to about 30%, as full brightness is much too bright for me. This also helps save battery power.

I use a laptop/netbook for some web surfing, some ebook reading, very rarely writing, and frequently for hooking up to network equipment for configuration and diagnostics. The smaller screen is somewhat of a compromise, but for most things is still good enough for my purposes. BTW, programs like Internet Explorer, Firefox, FBReader and Foxit PDF Reader can be used in fullscreen mode, which helps a lot on a netbook.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
jgray
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
I must have missed that.
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #6
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I must have missed that.
lol non-issue - I am just totally in awe that a country has a doughnut day - that is so cool
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote