Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Refurbished Sony PRS-505 on sale, worldwide shipping

If you're looking for a Sony PRS-505 reader, but unable to justify spending around $270 pre-tax, you may want to quickly head over to eXpansys UK and grab one of the remaining 22 refurbished silver units that are currently on sale for £133.99 (or roughly $195). Shipping is worldwide.

If you live in the US, the total price including shipping is around $210; with a coupon code I was told you can deduct further £10.

Visit this ongoing discussion for more. Thanks to MobileReaders Tripitaka and Faenad for the pointer!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
Wario
Connoisseur
Wario began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
It bit funny, before I bought my PRS-505 for £166.00 (ebay), I had look at eXpansys UK but they were selling them at the same price as a new one.

Only if I waited, a bit longer. Every penny counts.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-16-2010 at 04:08 AM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Prest0
Prest0 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
FWIW, when I tried to pay with Google Checkout it said it couldn't accept that payment for orders to the US. I had to start over and choose PayPal.
Prest0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
makincheez
makincheez began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Good Luck

Lotsa luck getting one of these from Expansys. They are selling stock they don't have and can't get. I placed an order on Tuesday when they supposedly had 66 of them in stock. Order went through and said it would ship in 3 days. Checked order status and now it says there is no stock, item was discontinued, but it may ship in 38 days. Way to go!

I am not pleased. Unless something changes in the next couple of days they are fired.
makincheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
hokie
hokie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader (PRS-500)
Nevermind, I should read parent post more carefully.

Last edited by hokie; 02-15-2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: deletion
hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:33 AM   #7
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Edit.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #8
makincheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
The status of my (to the UK) order is "shipped" and I'm hoping to have it later today. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: Well it's arrived. Looks FAR better in the flesh than the impression I got from photos. There's nothing outwardly that would suggest my unit was refurbished.
If you don't mind my asking; when did you order? I ask because I ordered mine on Monday night (Tuesday AM UK time). I got no love.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:45 AM   #9
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count

Edit.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:54 AM   #10
makincheez

Quote:
I ordered it within about half an hour of the original post on Friday. Oh, I didn't use any coupon code if that makes a difference.
Thanks for the reply. It's looking like they had items in stock in the UK and thereabouts but not here in the US. I gave up and bought one new from a local retailer. I believe it was the only time in the last 7 or 8 years that I've paid msrp for any electronic device. Looks like all the hype around the Kindle 2 has boosted ebooks in general. I really only started looking at these about 6 weeks ago and they are jumping off the shelves.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:06 AM   #11
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count

Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-16-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:18 AM   #12
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
I bought one of those refurbished from eXpansys last Saturday, and just got an email telling me that they are out of stock !
The thing is : in theory, I've already sold my prs-500
FixB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #13
babygator
babygator began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
I ordered it within about half an hour of the original post on Friday. Oh, I didn't use any coupon code if that makes a difference.
please post your results when you try this out
babygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #14
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count

Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-16-2010 at 04:09 AM.