Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #1
Toastedpine
Connoisseur
Toastedpine doesn't litterToastedpine doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch:PDF rotated-zoom handling

I got my Kobo Touch yesterday as my first ebook reader. It's been a reasonably positive experience, but I'd like to check if others have had the same experience as I have when reading PDFs.

I have some PDFs with diagrams in them so I use the rotate function. There's a button that's supposed to fit the PDF page onto the width of the screen, but I find that when rotated, the fit-to-width button zooms in at least 25% passed the width of the screen.

I'm wondering if maybe the PDF files that I have aren't formatted the right way, and maybe that's what is causing the problems.
Toastedpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
I've only tried with one PDF to date and fit to width worked great with it; I'll check with a couple more pdf's tomorow and report back.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Toastedpine
Connoisseur
Toastedpine doesn't litterToastedpine doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
Okay, I just finished updating my firmware. All my PDFs work great now except that the zooming in landscape mode doesn't return back to the top of the next page like it does in portrait mode.
Toastedpine is offline   Reply With Quote