Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
Merbear
Enthusiast
Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PRS-600 & Kobo & PRS-650, iTouch and iPad2
PRS650 - doesn't get picked up in Calibre

I've been using Calibre (thank you and I did send a donation) for my PRS600 and love it's ease of use but just got the PRS650 and Calibre isn't seeing it. Help would be appreciated...before I have to use the Reader software!

Marion
Merbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merbear View Post
I've been using Calibre (thank you and I did send a donation) for my PRS600 and love it's ease of use but just got the PRS650 and Calibre isn't seeing it. Help would be appreciated...before I have to use the Reader software!

Marion
What OS are you using?

What version of calibre are you using?

Do you see your 650 as a usb drive?

With your 650 connected go to Preferences - Advanced - Miscellaneous and run Debug device detection and post the results here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Just a guess as I haven't got 650 (yet) but maybe you have to install the reader software for driver?
Newer versions of Sony software do't seem to have the same issues that older versions had and you can disable the auto start easily enough.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Just a guess as I haven't got 650 (yet) but maybe you have to install the reader software for driver?
It uses the basic USB drivers already in Windows. There is no need to install the Sony software as far as communication between the device and the computer are concerned.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Most likely problems are:

- Not running a new enough release of Caliber to have the PRS-650 recognised

- Have an iDevice (iPhone/iPod/iPad) that is 'masking' the PRS-650. Easiest solution to this is to disable the Apple Device plugin and use the "Send to iTunes" option to send files to iDevices.

- Having any two reader devices plugged in at the same time. Calibre can only handle one at a time.

Last edited by itimpi; 09-29-2010 at 08:51 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
- Have an iDevice (iPhone/iPod/iPad) that is 'masking' the PRS-650. Easiest solution to this is to disable the Apple Device plugin and use the "Send to iTunes" option to send files to iDevices.
I thought of this too, but wanted people to see the readout to help spread the concept that this info isn't that tough to look through. Now that you said it out loud the poster does list both a Kobo and a 600 in addition to the 650. Whenever any two devices are hooked up at the same time one will inevitably not be seen by calibre.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
Merbear
Enthusiast
Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

thanks for the suggestions. I will try again tonight when home.
I only had the 650 connected but will check tonight to ensure I have the latest Calibre installed.
My OS is Vista if that makes a difference and do see the 650 as a usb drive.
I had to actually load some books on it using the Reader software - very painful.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merbear View Post
I only had the 650 connected but will check tonight to ensure I have the latest Calibre installed.
You need calibre version 0.7.19 or newer.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #9
Merbear
Enthusiast

and now I have 0.7.20 and all is good! thanks so much - I just loaded 300 ebooks in a shorter time than it took me last night to get 30 on using the Reader software!