Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #31
Mac Jones
Connoisseur
Mac Jones began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
We shall see. You, sooner than I. At least you got some hands-on!
Let's hope you're right.

The Bloomberg BusinessWeek review said it takes "Amazon's current-model Kindle 2 takes about three seconds from the moment you release the power button until you can start reading. On the Nook, it takes a minute and 50 seconds." I hope it recovers from sheep mode quicker than that!
min 50 sec? that's impossible of course . That must be the off state. This reviewer should see a doctor (and avoid tech)

note: The Kindle will take that long also from off.

The device would be worthless if this was true.
Mac Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:18 AM   #32
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
Quote:
I hope it recovers from sheep mode quicker than that!
beeeeh! beeeh!

sorry... tried very hard, but couldn't resist
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:14 AM   #33
Mac Jones
Connoisseur
Mac Jones began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
beeeeh! beeeh!

That's not a typo

Sheep mode is sleep mode .
Mac Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #34
Abulia
Enthusiast
Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
Good morning. Received notification that my nook has shipped.

Going to see if any stores in my area have a demo unit. It's *just* an e-book reader and if I don't like it I may place on eBay. I've no issues waiting or moving to a differing product.
Abulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #35
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Jones View Post
That's not a typo

I thought sheep mode was when you couldn't sleep.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #36
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
beeeeh! beeeh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Jones View Post
That's not a typo

Oops, that IS a typo!

That's the SECOND mistake I've made in 2009. Hope to do better next year!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #37
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Nook is still scheduled to ship tomorrow. Wonder is I'll get one of those "uh, 10 more days" letters tomorrow like the folks whose original date was Nov. 30 got?

Perhaps I should start a poll!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #38
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
My Nook is still scheduled to ship tomorrow. Wonder is I'll get one of those "uh, 10 more days" letters tomorrow like the folks whose original date was Nov. 30 got?

I just want to hear your review!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #39
Nitrousoxide
Enthusiast
Nitrousoxide began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:

I'm on the 11th too. I don't expect we'll be shipping out just yet because the group before us should be getting theirs on the 16th, which means they ship out today or Monday. I'd say we're likely to ship on the 16th.
Nitrousoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:01 AM   #40
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
I just received an e-mail that my nook has shipped.

I ordered it on Nov 1 with an original ship date of 12/7.

It was revised to a 12/15 ship, so it looks as if B&N is catching up on their shipping.

I did order the light also, but it was not included in the notice. I am glad they didnlt hold up shipping due to the light not being available...
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #41
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousoxide View Post
I'm on the 11th too. I don't expect we'll be shipping out just yet because the group before us should be getting theirs on the 16th, which means they ship out today or Monday. I'd say we're likely to ship on the 16th.
At 8:12 EST (about 8 minutes ago), I checked the B&N website. Expected ship date is still today. Crossing my fingers, but wouldn't be surprised to see that infamous e-mail of delay in my in-box any moment now...
Old 12-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #42
villanova329
villanova329 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
At 8:12 EST (about 8 minutes ago), I checked the B&N website. Expected ship date is still today. Crossing my fingers, but wouldn't be surprised to see that infamous e-mail of delay in my in-box any moment now...
Sorry to burst your bubble but most likely you will be getting the delay e-mail. My ship date hasn't budged from 12/11/09 ever since day one, so I decided to call customer service. According to their systems, my nook will be delivered by December 22nd. I'm okay with that, but a big part of me is also irritated but hey what can you do.

UPDATE: Right when I posted this, I immediately got the dreaded e-mail.

"This is to confirm that your nook is about to ship. Although your shipment has been slightly delayed, we've upgraded you to overnight shipping to ensure you'll receive your nook by December 22.

Thank you for being among the first customers to order nook. Our aspiration is that you'll find it a great way to read, and we look forward to getting your feedback on the overall experience to continue to make it better for you."
villanova329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #43
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by villanova329 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but most likely you will be getting the delay e-mail. My ship date hasn't budged from 12/11/09 ever since day one, so I decided to call customer service. According to their systems, my nook will be delivered by December 22nd. I'm okay with that, but a big part of me is also irritated but hey what can you do.

UPDATE: Right when I posted this, I immediately got the dreaded e-mail.

"This is to confirm that your nook is about to ship. Although your shipment has been slightly delayed, we've upgraded you to overnight shipping to ensure you'll receive your nook by December 22.

Thank you for being among the first customers to order nook. Our aspiration is that you'll find it a great way to read, and we look forward to getting your feedback on the overall experience to continue to make it better for you."
Just checked my e-mail and found the same message, except that mine should arrive by Dec. 18.

Perhaps my order got in before yours. I ordered mine Nov. 7.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #44
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Definitely not a great start for B&N in this market. They really should have taken the time to get their ducks in a row!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:28 AM   #45
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
UPS finally updated their tracking on my nook...

It is scheduled to be delivered 12/14 - So it looks like they will not deliver today even though it was shipped next day air..
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote