Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #16
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I'd guess they made the exception because of that SIXTH KINDLE thing!! And likely that he didn't have a previous history of abusing the return policy...
Either that or the "81 orders placed in the last 6 months" thing.

Regardless of why, I was just happy as could be. I might have to start playing the lottery... nah.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #17
WDeranged
Enthusiast
WDeranged began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
That's some great customer service from Amazon, I'd be happier if they paid their full corporation tax in my country but they've looked after me well whenever I had a problem.
WDeranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #18
DragonLeHeart
DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'DragonLeHeart knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle, Sony, Lookbook, Literati, others
Fix Drowned Kindle

You likely either fried your battery or the electronics that allow charging of the battery. If you're looking to hold on to this one and make the new one Kindle 7, you may want to replace the battery and see what happens. This way you have a backup for your backup.

If you have a Battery Warehouse in your area (or feel like ordering one off Amazon), it may be worth a try.
DragonLeHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #19
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLeHeart View Post
You likely either fried your battery or the electronics that allow charging of the battery. If you're looking to hold on to this one and make the new one Kindle 7, you may want to replace the battery and see what happens. This way you have a backup for your backup.
I like the way you think, but the ignorant bastards made me send the drowned one back. Don'tcha just HATE people like that?!?!?
Old 05-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #20
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
You do know that water boarding an eReader is illegal and the US has dibs on that, right? I might just turn you into the Department of Homeland Security!
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by readandread View Post
You do know that water boarding an eReader is illegal and the US has dibs on that, right? I might just turn you into the Department of Homeland Security!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #22
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
KOBO could learn a few things

Way to go, SampleAndy!
Or maybe I should say, way to go, Amazon!

Now if only KOBO would be so easy to deal with.....
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #23
SampleAndy
Addict

Quote:
(sigh)

What is it with this compulsion to admit, or even brag about stoopidity?

When I first read that, I was thinking waterboarding... that's like bodysurfing or boogieboarding right? It wasn't today when it struck me that it might be something that wasn't NEARly as much fun.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #24
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
(sigh)

What is it with this compulsion to admit, or even brag about stoopidity?

When I first read that, I was thinking waterboarding... that's like bodysurfing or boogieboarding right? It wasn't today when it struck me that it might be something that wasn't NEARly as much fun.
I guess somebody doesn't have a sense of humor
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #25
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I guess somebody doesn't have a sense of humor
Which somebody would you be referring to?

You made a joke, and SampleAndy made a joke about his misunderstanding a word.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
troubleshooting