Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: How fragile is your Kindle? (only for Kindle owners)
I'm extremely careful with it and it's never broken. 45 38.46%
I'm not all that careful with it and it's never broken. 59 50.43%
I'm not all that careful with it and I broke it. 3 2.56%
I'm extremely careful with it and I broke it! 10 8.55%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #31
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
I keep my precious in its expensive lighted case (which is sturdy as well as heavy!), and so far it's taken everything I've thrown at it.

However, I do try to take reasonable care. So far I've managed to resist reading it while in the bathtub...
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:08 AM   #32
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'm like a mama bird with my Kindle.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #33
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Reading this thread has made me consider my next airplane flight. My carry-on backpack usually does get crammed to the top. Waterbottle, lunch, glasses (driving/distance), headphones (noise canceling), gpses (hiking and driving), other assorted paraphernalia. In the past my pbook would be shoved in, too. Obviously, packing the k3, even in its lighted case, and packing around it needs a bit more care. As mentioned, not only something pressing against the center (screen) like water bottle, but also a twisting force could break it. Usually, when repacking on landing can be even more haphazard although lunch is usually gone.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #34
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
My travel bag is always jam packed. Bose headsets, DGX, travel tea case (holds 12 tubes of tea, disposable tea bags, and a teaspoon), snacks, wallet, keys, cell phone, sometimes the Netbook, sometimes the PSP, Ipod, charging cords for all electronics.

In the 2 1/2 years I have owned a Kindle, I have traveled with a bag like this, crammed to the gills, and no problems with my Kindle. It is in a nice Purple Sun cover from Oberon in a padded pocket that can hold the DXG and Netbook.

Life is good.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #35
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
My travel bag is always jam packed. Bose headsets, DGX, travel tea case (holds 12 tubes of tea, disposable tea bags, and a teaspoon), snacks, wallet, keys, cell phone, sometimes the Netbook, sometimes the PSP, Ipod, charging cords for all electronics.

In the 2 1/2 years I have owned a Kindle, I have traveled with a bag like this, crammed to the gills, and no problems with my Kindle. It is in a nice Purple Sun cover from Oberon in a padded pocket that can hold the DXG and Netbook.

Life is good.
Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun, lot of goodies there, hahaha...

I honestly cannot relax during vacation if I bring my cellphone or VPN adapter with me. As long as the company cannot reach me and they are fully aware I'm off, I can rest. The downside of being a DBA I guess.

Last edited by jocampo; 03-02-2011 at 12:03 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #36
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have never used all of the minutes on my cell phone plan. I don't have a data package. I don't text all that much. I use it to make calls and have it with me for emergencies. I am going to be switching to a pay by th eminute plan once the current contract runs out.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote