Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #346
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Feature request for new .pdf reader. Could we have the thumbnail page view where you get 4 pages on portrait and 2 pages on landscape? Just like the old .pdf reader.

Thanks.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #347
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsavitz View Post
Feature request for new .pdf reader. Could we have the thumbnail page view where you get 4 pages on portrait and 2 pages on landscape? Just like the old .pdf reader.

Thanks.
Hi, Jim.
Request noticed.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #348
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi, Jim.
Request noticed.
Booxtor,

Thank you. I appreciate it. I love the i62HD ML. It will be even better when Cool Reader is fixed so it can save bookmarks and citations and remember what page you read last. I'm surprised these problems are hard to fix. I recommend putting the file that remembers this stuff into the same storage directory as the e-book.

I think I'm going to keep my other i62HD and use it for outside reading, such as at the beach. It would be nice to be able to swap memory cards back and forth between the two when reading a single title.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #349
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsavitz View Post
Booxtor,

Thank you. I appreciate it. I love the i62HD ML. It will be even better when Cool Reader is fixed so it can save bookmarks and citations and remember what page you read last. I'm surprised these problems are hard to fix. I recommend putting the file that remembers this stuff into the same storage directory as the e-book.

I think I'm going to keep my other i62HD and use it for outside reading, such as at the beach. It would be nice to be able to swap memory cards back and forth between the two when reading a single title.
Hi!

Today I got new Updates (please check the first post). However I did not test it for i62XX yet. Please check, if your problem has been fixed among others.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #350
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Thanks. Downloading
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #351
hakaha2
hakaha2 began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Quote:
Hi!

Today I got new Updates (please check the first post). However I did not test it for i62XX yet. Please check, if your problem has been fixed among others.
Hi!
Where's the change log?
Would you include the new features in a couple of days?
hakaha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #352
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaha2 View Post
Hi!
Where's the change log?
Would you include the new features in a couple of days?
New features are still in beta, not expect them in 2 days. Neither in a week.

Thanks booxtor, update looks fine

Last edited by Inemi; 07-22-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #353
anonvoy
anonvoy began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly
Quote:
Hi!

The update didn't work for me. I got as far as "software update request detected, Checking updates", then let go of the Home button, but the screen only flashed a few times, and then the old system (April 2013 update) loaded (it seems not to have been changed and works).

I tried a few things, renamed the update file from "i62HDML.FIREFLY.update-20130716.zip" to "update-20130716.zip", deleted every other file on the SD card except the update zip file (which I kept as such and did not unpack), but it still didn't work.

It DID work some time ago with the April update, which replaced the January 2013 software (I used the very same SD card for that). I have since added a few pieces of software, namely the multitasking patch and the OTFM file manager, and also a few screensaver images. Do these in any way hinder the update process?

BTW, it seems to me the change log in this thread's first post still refers to the April update.

Last edited by anonvoy; 07-20-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: missing words
anonvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #354
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonvoy View Post
The update didn't work for me. I got as far as "software update request detected, Checking updates", then let go of the Home button, but the screen only flashed a few times, and then the old system (April 2013 update) loaded (it seems not to have been changed and works).

I tried a few things, renamed the update file from "i62HDML.FIREFLY.update-20130716.zip" to "update-20130716.zip", deleted every other file on the SD card except the update zip file (which I kept as such and did not unpack), but it still didn't work.

It DID work some time ago with the April update, which replaced the January 2013 software (I used the very same SD card for that). I have since added a few pieces of software, namely the multitasking patch and the OTFM file manager, and also a few screensaver images. Do these in any way hinder the update process?
I have the same problem in my i62hd
Old 07-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #355
Manolo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
I have the same problem in my i62hd
Now it works!
I don't understand (but I'm happy because it works!)

Last edited by Manolo; 07-20-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #356
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Worked here with the original filename and a micro sd card loaded with books, jpegs, mp3s and calibre log files.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #357
jbsavitz
Connoisseur

Booxtor,

Will the beta .pdf readers still work with this update as well? They worked with the April release.

Thanks in advance for your reply. I'll try the update later.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #358
anonvoy
anonvoy began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly
The update still does not work. Is there a log file somewhere which will tell me why it won't work?
anonvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #359
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
I have successfully installed it in my Onyx i62HD without renaming it, using an empty card. Have you tried to format the card? Or with another one?

However, I agree that most of the changes were already implemented (maybe they have been improved). For example, automatically moving the dictionary of supporting page turn while the dictionary is open.
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #360
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
I believe new firmware come with following changes:

fb reader:
* set line space to 100% by default.

cool reader:
* improve citation feature, add delete citation in cool reader.

new pdf reader:
* fixed hyperlink can't work.
* fixed turn page to bring white screen.
* add slide show.
* fixed picture overflow screen after select text font in epub.
* fixed can't exit pdf reader when uninstall external card.
* improve select word in dictionary.

gui:
* using better font family in local dialog.

web browser:
* fixed web browser crash when running DRM fulfillment.

----- from onyx-international.com.cn

Not a great change, If u don't need it, u can still use the april firmware.
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote