Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-21-2015, 09:20 PM   #316
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
As has been mentioned, Print Replica books (azw4) ARE captive PDF files that KindleUnpack simply sets free. No conversion.

If you wish to convert AZW3s to PDF... calibre can accommodate you. No plugin necessary.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #317
Nordickan
Banned
Nordickan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
If you wish to convert AZW3s to PDF... calibre can accommodate you. No plugin necessary.
Thank for answer!

I know, but this PDF from AZW3 Calibri make not so good and shows very bad

What can I do for good convert AZW3 to PDF? I need quality of PDF exact 1 in 1 with original AZW3.
Nordickan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2015, 09:45 PM   #318
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I strongly suggest you open a new thread in the Conversion subforum, where you are actually likely to get help.

This thread has nothing to do with conversions.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #319
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Updated the first post with v0.81.0 of the plugin.

Yes, I know my plugin version is ahead of the core KindleUnpack version. What can I say ... I screwed up! I'll get it squared up eventually.

git repository for the plugin
Old 05-16-2015, 09:52 PM   #320
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
I got an error with new version of KindleUnpack and new 64 bit clibre v2.28
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KindleuNPACK.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	138374  
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2015, 06:21 AM   #321
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

What happens when you try the other functions (unpack, extract epub, etc...) on that title.. Is it only the Split function where you get that error for that book, or all of the functions?
Old 05-17-2015, 09:17 AM   #322
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Found it!

That unicode path bug has been lurking in the plugin's Splitter function (on the Windows platform) for a long time. Hard to believe no one's run into (or reported it) yet. Thanks for finding it.

I'll test the fix to be sure, but I should be able to upload a fixed version later today.

Thanks again for the report.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #323
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Updated the first post with v0.81.1 of the plugin.

git repository for the plugin

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-17-2015 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #324
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Sorry for late reply - thank you for a plugin. it is real life savior. But i only use split function...

Works fine now..

It worked fine till calibre v2.28 ...

Thanks for fixing it!

Last edited by forster01; 05-25-2015 at 12:45 PM.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:47 PM   #325
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
Sorry for late reply - thank you for a plugin. it is real life savior. But i only use split function...

Works fine now..

It worked fine till calibre v2.28 ...

Thanks for fixing it!
Not a problem. Glad it's working.

To be fair, though ... calibre was entirely blameless (as was the underlying KindleUnpack engine). The problem was the jump from v0.77.x of the plugin to 0.80.x. Version 0.80.x introduced an entirely new codebase (both engine and plugin). I did something goofy when trying to hook into the underlying Splitting function that was blowing up whenever a calibre library and/or file path containing non-asciii characters was passed to the wrapper method.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:47 PM   #326
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Thanks for keeping this updated Diap - great plugin!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:53 PM   #327
Nordickan
Banned
Nordickan began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to avoid these characters after converting with this plugin from AZW3 to EPUB?

Last edited by Nordickan; 06-06-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Nordickan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:08 PM   #328
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I have no clear idea what any of that means, nor what you're asking of me and/or my plugin.

NOTE: This plugin does not guarantee a compliant ePUB. The EPUB construction of the extracted data is primarily a convenience. If an EPUB wasn't used to create the KindleBook originally, then the resulting EPUB is very likely to have issues that need manually massaged. In those cases, it's best to extract the data and correct/fix any issues that may arise before creating an EPUB from it. It could be that this AZW3's data is reporting a different character encoding than the one it actually has. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen that.

Please remember that KindleUnpack is not primarily a conversion tool. It's an inspection tool.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:06 PM   #329
awmiller
awmiller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Zero KB Pdf (copying question from older thread)

Hello, thank you for your plugin and for being an excellent community resource.

I have just tried setting up the plugin with both the Zip and the standard interface offered through Calibri's plugin manager (creates a toolbar icon, use icon etc...). Both result in a zero kb pdf.

Any thoughts? is there any debug info I can collect for you?

Thank you much!

-Andrew
awmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:26 PM   #330
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I assume you're talking about a Print Replica book (AZW4)? Are just unpacking the Kindlebook, or are you using the "Extract PDF" feature?

If you launch calibre from the command-line in debug mode:

calibre-debug -g (from a command prompt/terminal window)

lots of output will be printed to that terminal when you try to use the plugin normally. You can paste that output in a post (put it in spoiler tags if it's particularly length) for me to look at.

Also ... if the original Kindlebook is huge, you may want to make sure you're using a 64-bit version of calibre on a 64-bit machine -- or even using the stand alone KindleUnpack tool.

Tags
mobi2mobi