Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-24-2011, 01:13 AM   #1
cotej1977
cotej1977 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Exclamation Error communicating with device(Kobo Wireless)/database disk image is malformed

I am using a Kobo Wireless, software version 1.7.1 (r20207) and calibre version 0.7.56 on Windows Vista. I do not use the Kobo desktop software (crap) and only use calibre to add books and organize my ebook library.
I am receiving this error:

Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 64, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 317, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 230, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 690, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 538, in update_device_database_collections
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

I received this error after adding 20 or so books (epubs) and ejecting and unplugging. After waiting for the device to load the new content (during which I walked away for a bit), I noticed none of the new books were there and the book I was reading was gone from the I'm Reading section of my Kobo Wireless.
This error happpened to me last year on an older, non wireless version and I received great help. I wish I remembered how to fix it. I searched this forum and cannot seem to find straight forward instructions on how to fix this.
Thank you so much for any help....I'm lost without my ereader!
cotej1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
othar
othar began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
same problem for me..

it work without problem with calibre 0.7.54, but since i update to calibre 0.7.57, i have a database error like this

calibre, version 0.7.57
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 62, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 319, in _sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 690, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 538, in update_device_database_collections
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

now i can't add or remove books with calibre.. each time i get this error..
othar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is caused by a bug in the Kobo firmware. You either need to
hard reset your device, if that does not restore the database,
follow the instructions here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94789
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo wireless, malformed