Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
kmckinley
kmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-books

Device: NOOK Simple Touch
Cover thumbnails: ePub to ePub conversion changes what?

I'm using the NOOK Simple Touch.

I have two books for which the NOOK displayed the full-size cover image, but on the Home page would not display a thumbnail cover image.

I did the ePub to ePub conversion, and now the thumbnail displays correctly.

What exactly happens during the conversion that makes the thumbnail display properly?

Can I make it occur by re-importing the book into Calibre and sending it to the NOOK?

Last edited by kmckinley; 08-26-2011 at 02:47 PM.
kmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
The epub to epub conversion embeds the cover in the book at the correct place or with the correct name.

I don't have a nook but probably the cover was simply the first page before conversion and the Nook firmware didn't recognise it as a cover

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmckinley View Post
I'm using the NOOK Simple Touch.

I have two books for which the NOOK displayed the full-size cover image, but on the Home page would not display a thumbnail cover image.

I did the ePub to ePub conversion, and now the thumbnail displays correctly.

What exactly happens during the conversion that makes the thumbnail display properly?

Can I make it occur by re-importing the book into Calibre and sending it to the NOOK?
I see you got the answer to this question in another thread. In the future try not to post your request for the same information in multiple posts.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
kmckinley
kmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-books

Device: NOOK Simple Touch
If in the future I could delete a post, I would.
kmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmckinley View Post
If in the future I could delete a post, I would.
That is frustrating, it seems to indicate in spots that you can delete a post, but there is no way to do this short of a moderator deleting it for you.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote