Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
rumbarrel
rumbarrel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy HELP>>>It appears Amazon lost all records of my wife's kindle and purchases...

I am extremely upset about this as is my wife......

Last year she received a Kindle for Christmas along with a gift certificate from amazon. she created an Amazon account so she could register her Kindle and use the gift card to purchase some books to put on it.

Everything worked great, she's gotten some books on her kindle and loves the heck out of it. HOWEVER.............

A little while back, she goes to her amazon account to get another book with what she thought she had left on her gift card....and lo and behold, her amazon account shows absolutely NO signs of her having registered a Kindle or purchased any books.

she has been in contact with customer support by email and they say they have no records of her kindle or purchases and there's nothing they can do!!!

OMG!!!!!!!! are you kidding me??? I just received a Kindle also and wanted to register it with hers, but they dont have hers registered.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD OF THIS KIND OF PROBLEM HAPPENING TO ANYONE ELSE?? WHAT SHOULD WE DO??

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. :-(
rumbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
I have NEVER heard of this before....

Are you and your wife certain that she is logging onto the account that has the Kindle registered to it?

I had a shock some months back when I used an old web browser that logged me onto an old Amazon account; I couldn't find any of my Kindle info and nearly died.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
rumbarrel

we are certain.......we created an account for her SOLELY for her kindle.

She never buys anything online....or creates accounts at other sites for herself.

I had to do it for her. We are absolutely certain we are logging her onto the correct account! :-(

and now I have my OWN kindle which I do not want to use until we get this straightened out. (Hopefully we can)
Old 12-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbarrel View Post
we are certain.......we created an account for her SOLELY for her kindle.

She never buys anything online....or creates accounts at other sites for herself.

I had to do it for her. We are absolutely certain we are logging her onto the correct account! :-(

and now I have my OWN kindle which I do not want to use until we get this straightened out. (Hopefully we can)
That is really strange.

You should try calling back and getting another Customer Service Tech for starters. Did you call Amazon Customer Service or Amazon Kindle Customer Service?

There is actually a difference between the two, you'll want to be calling the latter.

I really can't think of how something like this could happen; she realized just recently that her Amazon account had no info on her kindle or her past/recent purchases?
Old 12-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
rumbarrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
I really can't think of how something like this could happen; she realized just recently that her Amazon account had no info on her kindle or her past/recent purchases?
yup

she hasn't even talked to anyone yet.....she's only been in contact with customer support by email. Not sure which one either.

I'll have to get in touch with her on that. she doesn't want to deal with it anymore.....she wants me to do it.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
yup

she hasn't even talked to anyone yet.....she's only been in contact with customer support by email. Not sure which one either.

I'll have to get in touch with her on that. she doesn't want to deal with it anymore.....she wants me to do it.
Yeah, e-mail is really not the way to go. Make sure she/ or you, rather, contact Amazon Kindle Customer service by phone. You'll definitely get answers from them.

I just hope she won't turn away from the Kindle permanently because of this.

Have you tried logging onto her account on a different computer?
Old 12-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #7
rumbarrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post

Have you tried logging onto her account on a different computer?
YES i did.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #8
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
YES i did.
Should have asked this in my previous post; Is she still able to purchase books and download them to her kindle?

@_@;

If so, try searching the Kindle store for a free book; "buy it" and see what account information there is in the email confirmation.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #9
rumbarrel

she hasnt tried since learning they lost her info
Old 12-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did she keep any of the receipt emails that Amazon sends after each purchase? Surely the order number in these emails should be enough to prove purchases.

It is a good idea to have your email program automatically archive these emails so you don't lose them.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #11
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
she hasnt tried since learning they lost her info

I would try it. The kindle can't purchase items from the Kindle store unless it's registered to an Amazon account- if she can purchase and download something still, then somewhere, Amazon still has her Kindle registered and her purchases.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Back in October, I was surprised to find that both my Kindles and iPod Touch had disappeared from my account. In fact a number of people on the Amazon forums had the same problem. There was some sort of glitch in the system that got sorted out by the end of the day. Maybe your situation is similar.

If it doesn't get sorted out quickly, just re-register the Kindle. You should have email proof of every ebook purchase made and since you have the physical Kindle with the serial number, it shouldn't be too difficult for them to re-create your wife's account.

Hang in there, this can be fixed.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #13
rumbarrel

BTW...i'd like to thank you all who have taken the time to post suggestions here for me....i truly appreciate it. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. It will take me a couple of days to get to the bottom of this, as i am away from home until tuesday or wednesday, and want to wait until i get home to call them up. Keep the ideas coming though!!! i will continue to monitor all ideas posted here. thanks again.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
I am extremely upset about this as is my wife......

Last year she received a Kindle for Christmas along with a gift certificate from amazon. she created an Amazon account so she could register her Kindle and use the gift card to purchase some books to put on it.

Everything worked great, she's gotten some books on her kindle and loves the heck out of it. HOWEVER.............

A little while back, she goes to her amazon account to get another book with what she thought she had left on her gift card....and lo and behold, her amazon account shows absolutely NO signs of her having registered a Kindle or purchased any books.

she has been in contact with customer support by email and they say they have no records of her kindle or purchases and there's nothing they can do!!!

OMG!!!!!!!! are you kidding me??? I just received a Kindle also and wanted to register it with hers, but they dont have hers registered.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD OF THIS KIND OF PROBLEM HAPPENING TO ANYONE ELSE?? WHAT SHOULD WE DO??

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. :-(
This happened a while back to a lot of us.....but one phone call (use the "contact us" button, sign into your account, and use the "call me" feature) fixed it. They call back almost immediately.

The gentleman on the phone was very nice and knowledgeable.

Like any other business, you can get unhelpful reps. Let us know what happens after you actually speak to someone.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #15
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
The Kindle phone support is superb. I've had to call a handful of times in the 2+ years I've owned Kindles and have always had my issues resolved.

Hope you get it straightened out and have a great holiday!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote