Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
APerson
APerson began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
New Nook Color and Wireless Syncing

I just bought a Nook Color (my first e-reader) and am trying to determine if I can sync it with my computer wirelessly? If so, how?
APerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Hi,

Are you trying to sync with your Nook for PC? What are you trying to accomplish?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
roger_15
Enthusiast
roger_15 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 3G/NookColor
I've been fooling around with this off and on for a few days.

First let me tell you what I'm syncing: Nook 3g, Nook Color, and my PC; that
would be Windows Vista 64 bit OS.

I have managed to get all three to sync, but it's not consistent. The only
dependable action seems to be on the 3g. If I read a book on the NC and
bookmark the last page and then hit the sync button, I can then make the
3g sync to the last page read saved in my on line account.

That's all I can depend on. If anyone wants the info on the 3g that I found that
worked, it's at the bottom of page 127 "Syncing Across Devices," in the
updated manual for 1.5.

B&N really needs to fix this soon!
roger_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #4
APerson

I would like to wirelessly sync my Nook Color with my PC (Windows 7, 64 bit). I'm able to download news and other materials onto my PC and would like my Nook to sycn those materials, perhaps once a day, via Calibre.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:21 AM   #5
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by APerson View Post
I would like to wirelessly sync my Nook Color with my PC (Windows 7, 64 bit). I'm able to download news and other materials onto my PC and would like my Nook to sycn those materials, perhaps once a day, via Calibre.
No, not right now, not stock. No bluetooth enabled and no wi-fi file sharing / network joining.

There's a way to get a rooted Nook Color to show up as a shared drive on your network...that's about the only way you could start looking into it. You'll have to use USB otherwise.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
APerson

Thanks, GreenMonkey. I don't think I'm going to root it but it sure would be nice if it was enabled.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
Finally, I am not alone!!!

I was beginning to think I was the lone voice out here complaining about the Nook Color not syncing. Believe me, I've called, emailed and even called locally.

For the record, B&N's last phone call told me the syncing doesn't work on large books. So I removed them and tried. Sorry, it doesn't work on small books either.

I've tried this with Nook Color, Itouch, and desktop pc.

They did tell me on the phone they are hoping the 2.2 problems fixes the big book syncing issue. I'll be happy if it fixes the little books issue.
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themus View Post
For the record, B&N's last phone call told me the syncing doesn't work on large books...
Oh boy.. Some reps will make up anything just to get you off the phone.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #9
Quistopher
Enthusiast
Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NookColor CM7 7.0.3
If you root your NC, there is a thread about syncing using Calibre & Dropbox. I just rooted mine this last weekend and I am hoping to have it working by this weekend. The only thing is, I only use ebooks created in Calibre when I am going to be offline, which isn't very often.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ropbox+calibre
Quistopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
Quistopher
Enthusiast
Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NookColor CM7 7.0.3
I just figured out a process to do it. You will need to copy some the files on your computer and on your NookColor but its not too bad.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...76#post1354776
Quistopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Today Syncing is working!

Saturday I called the local B&N and was told the "nook color" wizard is in. Well, she wasn't a wizard, and while she didn't know about syncing the Nook Color to her Iphone, she did say the bookmarks should work.

So I tried that. And that works, at least today.

On both my Itouch and Nook Color after I am done reading, I place a bookmark. On the Itouch it's the lower right hand corner, and on the Nook Color, it's on the top right hand corner.

I then pressed the sync arrows. Several hours later, grabbing the opposite device I read on, low and behold, the right pages comes up.

I hope it lasts, but I thought I would pass that on for those too who have been trying to make this work. Who knows if they did something on the server side too.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #12
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I bought a book from B&N and read it between my original nook and nook color. I tried the bookmark syncing thing, but never got it to work. I made sure the option was on on the original nook, but no matter what the bookmarks never would sync up between devices.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
Themus
Zealot

Well, for an update. The Nook Color, when a bookmark is set, and the sync button is pressed, will sync across to the Apple Itouch Nook app.

It's pretty consistent on that front.

The Apple Itouch/Iphone Nook app never sync's to the Nook Color. Just doesn't work.

Better than nothing at his point.

Did I read right that B&N is NOT coming out with the 2.2 update to the Nook Color after all by the end of this month?

The 1.1 update came over.