Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Chris.
Chris. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Problems converting .chm to .mobi (or .epub)

I'm trying to convert a book using the latest version of Calibre and it errors out every time. I've tried converting from .chm to .mobi and also .epub and I get the following output:

ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Convert book 1 of 1 (Introduction to Java programming: comprehensive version, 6th ed)

Convert book 1 of 1 (Introduction to Java programming: comprehensive version, 6th ed)
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 0.7.9
{

* Lots of lines here, removed because it's very long. Full output attached. *

16.5.%20Enabling%20Applets%20to%20Run%20as%20Appli cations.htm into XHTML namespace
Added c:\users\chris\appdata\local\temp\calibre_0.7.9_hd oyrx_chm2oeb\16.5. enabling applets to run as applications_files\stylesheet_0.css
Parsing stylesheet_0230.css ...
Property: Invalid value for "CSS Color Module Level 3/CSS Level 2.1" property: darkcyan [357:2: COLOR]
Python function terminated unexpectedly
(Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 99, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 24, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 815, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 211, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\chm\input.py", line 61, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\chm\input.py", line 71, in _create_oebbook_html
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\html\input.py", line 377, in create_oebbook
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\base.py", line 183, in rewrite_links
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\html\input.py", line 472, in resource_adder
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\base.py", line 1064, in fget
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\base.py", line 1008, in _parse_css
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7a4-py2.6.egg\cssutils\parse.py", line 101, in parseString
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7a4-py2.6.egg\cssutils\css\cssstylesheet.py", line 338, in _setCssTextWithEncodingOverride
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7a4-py2.6.egg\cssutils\css\cssstylesheet.py", line 292, in _setCssText
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7a4-py2.6.egg\cssutils\util.py", line 403, in _parse
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7a4-py2.6.egg\cssutils\tokenize2.py", line 131, in tokenize
MemoryError

Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ConversionError.txt (220.2 KB, 335 views)
Chris. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Just to point out that it quite an old version of Calibe (the current one is 0.7.16). Whether the latest version would be any good I have no idea.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The CSS parser is running out of memory.

get more RAM or unpack the chm to html and delete the css from it by hand and then convert the html using calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
Chris.
Chris. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The CSS parser is running out of memory.

get more RAM or unpack the chm to html and delete the css from it by hand and then convert the html using calibre.
Interesting. I'm running 3gb, never would've imagined that I'd run out of memory.

Thanks for the input. I'll see if I can figure out how to unpack.
Chris. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
guttaperk
guttaperk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Can you explain more about how to hand-process the htm files?
guttaperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert