Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #46
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Cthulhu - The West Egg is already a favorite of mine. I discovered it several business trips ago, and it's worth the walk from my digs, I think. Ok, the flowershop on State is definitely on my "Adventure Menu"! Now, if only I could pronounce "Cthulhu".
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #47
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
west egg is a proxy favorite of mine too, for the Great Gatsby reference.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2008, 08:42 AM   #48
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Someone has been tagging me. Does the spray point wash off? At least I could peel off the sticky notes.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #49
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Someone has been tagging me. Does the spray point wash off? At least I could peel off the sticky notes.
You need to look at those tags very carefully. If you wander into the wrong neighborhood in chicago, you could start a war.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #50
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
about that, what is 10-w-40 ?
Advert
Old 11-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #51
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

10W40 would be a particular weight of motor oil. WD40 is also an oil, a mechanical lubricant. Think squeaky door hinges, rusty bolts, bicycle chains.

Hey, people in Chicago! When do we meet?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #52
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
10W40 would be a particular weight of motor oil. WD40 is also an oil, a mechanical lubricant. Think squeaky door hinges, rusty bolts, bicycle chains.
ha okay, thanks. i do know what WD40 is.
Quote:
you may end up setting the record for longest thread in which the actual topic is consistently avoided.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #53
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

I think I already have that record, i.e., the original "US" thread. Something about liseueueseues, mozzling, and emotifaction.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #54
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I think I already have that record, i.e., the original "US" thread. Something about liseueueseues, mozzling, and emotifaction.
are you referring to "the birth of the cool" ? because that one did make a valiant effort to stay on topic for a while.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #55
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
As I remember it made no such effort.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #56
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
As I remember it made no such effort.
which one do you mean ? if it's the naming thread, it did start out as a serious discussion. i'm not saying it wasn't rapidly subverted. but its original intention was completely legitimate.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #57
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Subversion is not legitimate?

Also, I was going to add a few more tags to this thread but have spent my allotment (which ain't a lot). Must find way to subvert system.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:21 AM   #58
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
oh now, that's not what i meant. however the topic discussed in the thread did conform to the threads stated topic (according to the title) for a non-negligible number of posts, *before* it was so thoroughly subverted. personally i've a fondness both for the "before" and the "after", contemporary legendary status notwithstanding.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #59
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
I'm feeling a bit of deja vu....remember how much trouble I had getting people for the Atlanta meetup? I resorted to searching for people who self-reported their location and leaving messages on user profiles.

And they don't know what they're missing.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #60
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post

Also, I was going to add a few more tags to this thread but have spent my allotment (which ain't a lot). Must find way to subvert system.
So, how does one tag a thread?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10-w-40, blue one next to the fish, can you spare a dime?, chicago, chicagoerrrrr, destitute, he's so pitiful, lonely android, meet-up, meetup, spare change, subverting the system, wd40