Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
When should we start seeing 350/650 in stores

The press keeps saying that the new readers will be available immediately. However, they do not seem to be available for purchase at the Sony Style site. Has anyone heard a rumor, or have a guess as to how long it will be before they show up in retail stores? I have not been out to check, but I do not suppose there is a much chance that Sony secretly got them into retail stockrooms before making their announcement. Has anyone been by a Sony Style brick and mortar store to see?

Andrew
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
The press keeps saying that the new readers will be available immediately. However, they do not seem to be available for purchase at the Sony Style site. Has anyone heard a rumor, or have a guess as to how long it will be before they show up in retail stores? I have not been out to check, but I do not suppose there is a much chance that Sony secretly got them into retail stockrooms before making their announcement. Has anyone been by a Sony Style brick and mortar store to see?

Andrew
I'll be checking on Friday.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Per the news section, the 305 and 605 are listed for delivery on 16/9 in the US - Sony seem to have a broad view of what 'available now' means.
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #4
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I'll check my local store tomorrow and get back to y'all.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:44 AM   #5
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Some stores eta are on the 19th and some are on the 17th. Pre-ordering from the website guaranteed on or before the 17th. In general about two weeks.
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 05:00 AM   #6
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Europe has the same price figures, except it's Euro, not USD.
Availability is stated as "from mid October".
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #7
rammbam
Enthusiast
rammbam began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Availability is stated as "from mid October".
Is this serious? If yes,that would be a disaster!
rammbam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
I caved and pre-ordered the 650, and it's showing a ship date of 9/3 (yes, tomorrow!!). We'll see...
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Yesterday my local store said "any day now", but they have no firm dates. They did however say it's unlikely they'll have demo units before the main stock arrives.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
I caved and pre-ordered the 650, and it's showing a ship date of 9/3 (yes, tomorrow!!). We'll see...
I ordered a 350. My ship date is showing:

Quote:
Estimated Ship Date: On backorder. We will notify you by e-mail once your order has shipped.
The guy on the phone said it would probably ship on Sept 19.

I like my K3 so I might not keep the 350, but I figure I'll give it a try. I can always return it if I don't like it. I'm definitely keeping the Kindles though!

EDIT: I listed my PRS-300SC in the Flea Market section.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-02-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #11
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
When I called this morning to the local Sony Style store they had no idea when it was coming...

I hope they get to the store this weekend... I have a trip on Monday to Brazil... and I don't want to take my 600 if I can get my hands on a 650...

I will give my 600 to my daughter
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I ordered a 350. My ship date is showing:

The guy on the phone said it would probably ship on Sept 19.
Yeah, mine said that for a while, but then updated later with

# Order Status: Shipping update
# Estimated Ship Date: 09/03/2010

I guess we'll see if a package actually gets shipped out tomorrow...
Old 09-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy_s View Post
Per the news section, the 305 and 605 are listed for delivery on 16/9 in the US - Sony seem to have a broad view of what 'available now' means.
The press info says they will be available 1 September.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #14
jswinden
Nameless Being

They are probably just covering themselves in case something goes wrong in shipping. I'll go online and check my account info later to see if it updates to an actual date.

I need to find a local Buy Too Many Tech Gadgets Anonymous--I just can't help myself when it comes to new gadgets if they look cool.

EDIT: I just checked my online account and it now shows:

Order Status: Shipping update
Estimated Ship Date: 09/03/2010

Last edited by jswinden; 09-02-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #15
maxbookworm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I need to find a local Buy Too Many Tech Gadgets Anonymous--I just can't help myself when it comes to new gadgets if they look cool.
I'll see you there!