Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
paulhypno
paulhypno began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Special Characters in Sigil

Am absolutely loving the latest version but I have a problem with Special Characters (I've not used this facility up to now so I don't know if it happened in previous versions).

None of the characters correspond to their representation in the dialogue box.

Two examples below will suffice as an illustration of where I wanted to add an e-acute French character (although it is a problem with them all it seems). It wasn't where it said it ought to be and I had to hunt for which one was actually the character I wanted:

Where it should be:

Where it actually was:

Can't help thinking I'm missing something...

Running Windows 7x64 if that helps
paulhypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It doesn't behave that way on my Vista 32-bit system. You also appear to have several symbols that I don't see on my menu.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
What font do you have selected in Preferences->Appearance for "Insert Special Characters"? As like DiapDealer said that looks a very odd layout - I would suspect the problem lies in your font.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
paulhypno
paulhypno began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for responses. I'm sure it must be my settings however these weren't set by me - just "straight out of the Sigil box"

Here's my full set:

Here's my setting:

Edit: I've set them to Arial and they work fine! Thanks again!
paulhypno is offline   Reply With Quote