Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #1
kelly33
kelly33 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
mobi fixed layout file for desktop viewing

I was just wondering why some books are able to view on a mac desktop and some can't. Is it the image size? Or something else? How and what do I need to make it available for the desktop viewing as well? Thanks
kelly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
kelly33

I guess what I meant to say was "Optimized for larger screens" for fixed layout's. Should the images be larger than 512 x 600px @72dpi?
Advert
Old 11-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
optimized for larger screens is not likely to be the cause. dpi means nothing in a screen display, only pixels matter. I would look elsewhere. Perhaps the Kindle app doesn't support everything. Try Kindle previewer.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
kelly33

I have looked everywhere but nothing that gives specifics as to why or what allows this option. Some books have this option and some not so much. Even the KDP forums talk about this issue but nothing concrete. Some mention that it may be the size of the image and others think it's just the system itself being glitchy or gimmicky (more or less a sales tac-tick).