Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #31
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Oh, shoot!

I am severely overspent this month (vacation, dontcha know), but I have to have as many of these as I can.

I love Heyer!
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #32
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'm seeing Cousin Kate referred in the description as one of only two Heyer gothics--I love gothics, so I'm trying to figure out what the other one is, but not having any success. Anyone?
I think that would be The Reluctant Widow.

Enjoy!

(I just bought 29 titles! Great discounts!!)
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #33
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
I love Georgette Heyer. But I miss a few of my favorite books, like The Unknown Ajax and April Lady. Maybe they come a later time.
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #34
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNightshadow View Post
I love Georgette Heyer. But I miss a few of my favorite books, like The Unknown Ajax and April Lady. Maybe they come a later time.
I wanted Unknown Ajax, too. Sourcebooks shows the ebook as being published at the end of August, and April Lady is upcoming too, I think. Not in time for the sale, but they will be available!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #35
kkj2165
kkj2165 did not drink the Kool Aid.kkj2165 did not drink the Kool Aid.kkj2165 did not drink the Kool Aid.kkj2165 did not drink the Kool Aid.kkj2165 did not drink the Kool Aid.kkj2165 did not drink the Kool Aid.kkj2165 did not drink the Kool Aid.kkj2165 did not drink the Kool Aid.kkj2165 did not drink the Kool Aid.kkj2165 did not drink the Kool Aid.kkj2165 did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Kindle
My second-ever post, woohoo! To begin with, I'd just like to say: I really didn't need to know about this, darn you. I'm surprised my bank hasn't called with an "excessive use" fraud alert.

- Sylvester was at the top of my list and it's on Sourcebooks for $1.99, but Amazon is still showing it at $9+. Has anyone been able to find a Kindle version at the sale price?

- If you're looking for The Talisman Ring, search by title or sort the author list by pub date - there are two editions listed, and the non-sale one shows much farther up on the bestseller ranking than the newer sale edition.

- For situations like these, and for several other reasons, I really wish they had a shopping cart for Kindle - I put them on my wish list or get samples, but it doesn't notify you of price changes, and it would be great to have a "save for later" holding tank.

I do believe my kids will have electronic babysitting and cold cereal for supper tonight, because I have a LOT of reading to do :-)

KKJ
kkj2165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #36
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
I think that would be The Reluctant Widow.

Enjoy!

(I just bought 29 titles! Great discounts!!)
Thanks--even if it's not the other gothic, the description certainly sounds interesting!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #37
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Footsteps in the Dark, one of Heyer's 12 mysteries, was free within the last month.

These are the books I'll have my eye on:

Inspector Hannasyde:
Death in the Stocks (1935) aka Merely Murder Nook $1.99
Behold, Here's Poison (1936) Nook $1.99
They Found Him Dead (1937) Nook $1.99
A Blunt Instrument (1938) Kobo $1.99

Inspector Hemingway:
No Wind of Blame (1939) Nook $1.99
Envious Casca (1941) Kobo $1.99
Duplicate Death (1951) Kobo $1.99
Detection Unlimited (1953) Kobo $1.99

Four stand alone novels:
Footsteps in The Dark (1932) Kobo $1.99
Why Shoot a Butler? (1933) Nook $1.99
The Unfinished Clue (1934) Kobo $1.99
Penhallow (1942) Kobo $1.99
I've added the Kobo links. It appears that in Canada both Sourcebooks and Random House claim rights to sell the ebooks; the Random House titles (and some Sourcebooks) are generally $9.99.

The balance of the titles are at Barnes and Noble in Nook format which are also available in Canada.

Last edited by SensualPoet; 08-15-2011 at 07:36 PM.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #38
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Wow, thanks for the coupon - I got 10 books for $14.92!

So I didn't break the bank after all.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #39
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
So, I only bought 20, which, from an original target of 10, is not too extravagant

I really did plan to buy only 12 but apesmom posted the WELCOME2011 coupon () and I justified my way to the tune of 20 books. I bought 15 at Sourcebooks (first time shopping there; good experience) and 5 at Amazon; paid a total of $33.91 (only $1.57 tax at Sourcebooks!).

I finally settled on:

Spoiler:
1. Death in the Stocks
2. Behold, Here's Poison
3. They Found Him Dead
4. A Blunt Instrument
5. No Wind of Blame
6. Envious Casca
7. Duplicate Death
8. Detection Unlimited
9. Why Shoot a Butler?
10. The Unfinished Clue
11. Penhallow

12. Arabella
13. Bath Tangle
14. Black Sheep
15. Cousin Kate
16. The Convenient Marriage
17. The Corinthian
18. The Masqueraders
19. The Reluctant Widow

20. Georgette Heyer's Regency World

And that's it, I'm done

Last edited by Loosheesh; 08-16-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: used spoiler tags
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #40
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
So, I only bought 20, which, from an original target of 10, is not too extravagant
NO FAIR, you got more than me, I've only got 11 so far. Now I have to go back for more.

3 of the 4 remaining titles I'm going to get are only offered as pdf at Sourcebooks. Very odd, ePubs for those titles are available through other retailers but not at Sourcebooks itself?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #41
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Thanks

Last edited by MickeyC; 08-16-2011 at 12:17 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #42
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
(If I'll be able to do so in the UK.)
Pretty sure this sale won't be available in the UK. Her ebooks are published by someone else there (Cornerstone Digital/Random House).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:37 AM   #43
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Books On Board has most of them for $1.88

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...te%20heyer&s=0
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #44
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Pretty sure this sale won't be available in the UK. Her ebooks are published by someone else there (Cornerstone Digital/Random House).
Most of the books seem to be unavailable for France, though I managed to buy one last night. The sourcebook site is not very helpful since it lists all the titles, and I have to click on each one (which it insists on opening in a new tab) to find out I can't buy it. So I didn't check them all.

Yesterday when I looked at Books on Board the books were still around $8-9. I'll try again tonight.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:49 AM   #45
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Books On Board has most of them for $1.88

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...te%20heyer&s=0
Ooh, look at that! I got 17 of them. My only disappointment is The Grand Sophy; I'm still looking for that in neither pdf or drm-mobi format. I shall find it, never fear!
(You read enough Georgette Heyer and you start talking like that!)

Edit: Grand Sophy I see is at Sourcebooks as epub, so my cup runneth over.

Last edited by pendragginp; 08-16-2011 at 06:02 AM.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote